Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
Same kit I've had for 3 years, I've had no problems out of it, you will love it when you put the turbos on, which you have to have 1 anyways but makes it alot easier gettin to things

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Just make sure it's not the chromoly kit, unless your only planning on using it as a race car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I deffiantly have the turbo ready to go just gettin the rest of the build done. And what do you mean chromoly? And you haven't had any problem?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
Yea it's adjustable.. They have 2 different types of k members, 1 is steel and the other is chromoly which is alot stronger than steel but it's real brittle... On normal road driving you run the risk of it cracking or breaking... I put prolly 15,000 miles or more on it and never had any alignment or balljoint problems... Some ppl will say that the tube kmember isn't meant for everyday driving and that it will tweak your frontend and never stay aligned... I know alot of ppl running tube k's and have for 10 years and never had had any problems from them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Coreyw428 said:
Yea it's adjustable.. They have 2 different types of k members, 1 is steel and the other is chromoly which is alot stronger than steel but it's real brittle... On normal road driving you run the risk of it cracking or breaking... I put prolly 15,000 miles or more on it and never had any alignment or balljoint problems... Some ppl will say that the tube kmember isn't meant for everyday driving and that it will tweak your frontend and never stay aligned... I know alot of ppl running tube k's and have for 10 years and never had had any problems from them
Alright awesome! Now now do I know if it's the chromoly? Cause I went to details and stuff of the package and it doesnt specify at all?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Look around. I saw k members on sale for half that price somewhere coup days ago. They were like 40% off. It was a really good deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Coreyw428 said:
If it doesn't say then your prolly okay, the chromoly kits I've seen are usually around 600 just for the kmember
Oh ok I mean I can call them?

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

jdavis96gt said:
I can't remember, I looked earlier for you. Ill look again tonight and see if I can find em.
Ok thanks a lot man!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
617 Posts
I've had a tubular k member and a arms and my complaint is the a arms not the k member. IMO stock a arms are perfect for every day and street/strip. Problem I hVe with mine is no steering stop on them so when I attempt to perform a u-turn my wheel rubs where the stock steering stop would prevent it from rubbing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
runvsofthisbull said:
I've had a tubular k member and a arms and my complaint is the a arms not the k member. IMO stock a arms are perfect for every day and street/strip. Problem I hVe with mine is no steering stop on them so when I attempt to perform a u-turn my wheel rubs where the stock steering stop would prevent it from rubbing.
Was it this kit?

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

jdavis96gt said:
Look around. I saw k members on sale for half that price somewhere coup days ago. They were like 40% off. It was a really good deal.
You ever find that kit!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
Coreyw428 said:
Yea it's adjustable.. They have 2 different types of k members, 1 is steel and the other is chromoly which is alot stronger than steel but it's real brittle... On normal road driving you run the risk of it cracking or breaking... I put prolly 15,000 miles or more on it and never had any alignment or balljoint problems... Some ppl will say that the tube kmember isn't meant for everyday driving and that it will tweak your frontend and never stay aligned... I know alot of ppl running tube k's and have for 10 years and never had had any problems from them
Not busting thread, but can a skid plate be adapted to it? I have one on my SN95 and glad I do. Saved my oil pan just today. If I hit the right bump at the right speed I could go airborne so I keep stock Ks, but they're heavy. Eibachs 570 springs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
The oil pan doesn't hang below the kmember, I have a mmr 7 quart race pan and never have had any sort of problem with stuff hitting it or bottoming out.. What skid plate are you taking about?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,140 Posts
If you plan on daily driving your car I would definitely look at the maximum motorsports k member it the only k member kit on the market that is ISO certified to withstand a crash it's a bit more expensive but worth every penny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Was it this kit?

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------



You ever find that kit!
No but honestly I havent had time to look. Been cutting firewood and Xmas shopping. I'm free today so ill look in a little bit. It was on clearance somewhere, I was going to post link when I saw it and then I was like na.

Ill check in couple hours.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jdavis96gt said:
No but honestly I havent had time to look. Been cutting firewood and Xmas shopping. I'm free today so ill look in a little bit. It was on clearance somewhere, I was going to post link when I saw it and then I was like na.

Ill check in couple hours.
Ok man thanks a lot!
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top