Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I just got a MAC CAI and after reading through some of the posts about them I was wondering if anyone has the part number for a smaller K&N filter that will fit on a '00? I read about clearance issues w/ the one MAC sends and thought I may have better luck w/ a smaller K&N. I was thinking about ordering from Summit or someplace else that will ship quickly as the local stores are out of stock mostly. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Have you received your CAI yet? Id recommend waiting and making sure its not going to fit before you spend another 45 bucks on a new filter. I've got an enormous filter on mine (bigger than what is recommended) and I dont have any problems with clearance. You'll probably have to put the filter on from underneath the car, but its worth it. The bigger the filter, the more airflow and the more power youll gain.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, I got the CAI a week or so ago. I had some time last night to try and install it, and everything went fine until I tried installing the filter. The thing is huge (the one MAC sends) and aside from moving the pump out of the way, doesn't seem to fit real well. Any advice on getting it to fit?

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Have you tried putting the filter on after the rest of the stuff was installed?? Youll most likely have to crawl under your car and attach it that way. The filter most likely wont fit through your fender wall area.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
the bigger 7"
RU3530: 4.375" to 5.626" cone, 7" long

the smaller 7"
RU3130: 3.5" to 4.625" cone, 7" long

The smaller 7" filter is what you will probably want. It has a smaller base and top, which will probably address your space issues.

http://www.knfilters.com/universal/univrndtap.htm
Filter list from K&N

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just wanted to let you guys know that i finally got the smaller filter in yesterday and installed it last night. The install went without a hitch, real easy w/ the new filter. Thanks for the help guys, it's got a nice little bit more growl around 2200-2400 rpm as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts