Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I have a 2000 V6 and I'm trying to decide what would be the better CAI for me.

There's the K&N FIPK CAI which is the most expensive one for my car and also has a huge filter. I really like K&N. Their stuff is legit.

K&N Mustang FIPK Air Intake Kit 57-2532 (99-04 3.8L & 3.9L V6) - Free Shipping

Then there's this nice kit from C&L. It comes with a 73 mm MAF that flows 700 cfm and also has a huge K&N filter. It uses the stock air tube, you just attach the MAF and the filter to the end of the stock tube. It's also calibrated for my stock computer. It says it can add 12 HP but I really doubt it will add that much. Still looks like a solid system though.

C&L Mustang Cold Air Intake 117 (94-00 V6) - Free Shipping

Okay so which one would be better for me? I don't plan on tuning the car anytime soon. I don't know what size MAF comes on the K&N FIPK CAI or how much Cfm it flows. Is it really necessary to run an aftermarket air tube or should I just use the stock one and attach the C&L filter to the end? I don't wanna drop 242.99 on a K&N FIPK kit if it won't flow better than the C&L kit attached to my stock air tube. I want the best CAI for an untuned V6.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
The best cold air intake for the 3.8 is already installed on your car. Seriously. The factory airbox is a cold air intake. You will very disappointed with any after market cai you buy because you'll have spent that money and will get 0 gains. All hp gains will actually be within the margin of error. No horsepower added. On a new edge the only purpose it will serve is to make the engine bay look a little better. Please save that money and reconsider getting a tune. That should be the first thing you do for a multitude of reasons.

The only time it will show any gains is if your running new heads and a cam NA, or if you go forced induction. Even then, most gains are from those with the cai just supporting them better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
66 Posts
Could not agree more with ProjectPony. Get a tune and use your money saved towards the purchase of wheels and other goodies to spruce up your car look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts