Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2423781607&category=38634

Supposedly adds up to 26hp. I know it wont add 26hp but, some help on weather to buy this or a CAI.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
26HP is bullshit!!! No way. The filter is kept in the nice hot engine compartment.

It's your choice... But I like my CAI. BUT, In theory, it would be smoother airflow... it has less bends than a normal CAI. Less by one ;)

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
for $199 :shock: :shock: :shock:

I don't think it's worth it.. Hell for $150, I'll sell you my Full Length Densecharger, then turn around and buy the $60 CAI off eBay!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i think i am going to go get the CAI on ebay for $50

·
Registered
414 Posts
Why buy one for $60 when you can build one for about $10. If you have a K&N filter already that is.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
That's a good point. But all the homemade CAI's that I've seen really look crappy. Actually there was one guy that bought some mandrel bent 3" tubing and made his own and it looked ok, but it was more than $10 for the tubes..

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I've only seen a couple Home made CAI's. Cant say they're the prettiest things in the world. Deffinatally lacking the "Bling Bling" of any metal CAI. Heck, even the densecharger is leaps and bounds over home made.

·
Registered
5 Posts
yellowstang03 said:
does k&n even make an fipk for the 6stanger (99+)
I got one on my 2000 right now. :D

·
Registered
414 Posts
I don't know, I spray painted mine gloss black. I think it looks ok. it looks nicer than the homey pod thing that is the stock airbox.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I already bought a CAI.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts