Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of curiosity, how often, or at all does everyone do a KAM reset on their cars? Just wondering how beneficial this would be. I have a 2014 GT, m6, catless exhaust and tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Shouldn't reset it. I thought you were supposed to but everyone here including BAMA /AM guys said not to do it.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Shouldn't reset it. I thought you were supposed to but everyone here including BAMA /AM guys said not to do it.
Where are you seeing this? I have been informed by my tuner to always do a KAM reset between tunes.

Sent from my SM-T807V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Do some searches on the Fuse 47 pull. this is the same thing. From what all I have gathered here this is the deal:

- Guys go do it say it helps. guys who don't say it is better, lol. (this is typical)
- The only reason people do it is the shift points anyway so if a manual definitely no reason to do.
- According to BAMA and MPT there is no need to do it as the tune will not be overwriten by relearning when it comes to the shift points.

Ask you tuner but MPT and BAMA suggest not doing it. I used to do it every 2 weeks, now I don't anymore. I have a manual though. I notice it seems to be better now that I don't anymore.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I've never done a KAM reset. Never found it necessary and I've changed my tune 100's of times with all my revisions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts