Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Folks... Look like my other post about my paint job didn't work... So i start a new one... The good news is the paint is DONE!!! Now i will try to give you the more information as possible... Again.. i would like to apologize my bad English.. if you don`t understand what I'm saying, please don`t hesitate to tell me!

So here for the project!

I bought the car bone stock in July 2012 with only 109 000km on it (in USA that`s mean approximate 67 000 miles). She got the 3.9L engine and the car it`s very clean for the age.. Here some pictures of the car the day i bought it.

At the same day, i put an order at American Muscle for an complete exhaust system. It`s a Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back made for the 99-04 GT Model also i bought a Pypes O/R X-Pipes to make the cat-back work on the V6 engine. Here some pictures again on the installation of the exhaust!

The week after, i got the windows tinted...not big deal.. but a lot more beautiful! I take a look on the internet on the local ads, and i found a nice deal on a set of 2004 GT bumpers with the MACh1 lip!!!!

The only problem, was the bumper are white and the car is silver.... so i was starting to see how much it will cost to paint them!

Then when i was washing the car, i notice the rear spoiler was cracked and it was missing a piece of plastic... so i removed the spoiler temporally... and finally fall in love on the wingless style...... Again, i was need to find someone to fill up the hole in the truck and repaint it. Finally one of my good buddy offer me to paint the parts... the day before i decide to send the parts to him... i found a 2002 GT hood BLACK... so now i was with a car with 3 colors...

So now it was time to make a choice... paint the parts or paint the whole car????...... PAINT THE WHOLE CAR!

Start the strip-down... everything on the car who got to be painted is removed...

Notice the license plate hole on the front bumper are filled. In Canada we don`t need to have a license plate in the front bumper! I decide to keep the original color of the car (YN) but to be honest, i almost decide to paint it sonic blue...

Now to strip-down is done. it`s now time to prime the car:

and the final stage:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And put back all parts together!

The result:

The day after i got the car back... it was time to winterize it... so say goodbye to her until next year!!.... It`s gonna be a long winter...

So here the story of my car to now... hope you like that... if you have any question please don`t hesitate!!!! Also... i need to chose some new wheels for next years.. so guys tell me what is be the best for her?!

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Here a video of my exhaust!!!

2004 Mustang Flowmaster American Thunder

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tanks !!! Yup see the last paragraph... i don`t know wich one i would like to get... I was thinkinh about a sert of 2003 Black Cobra wheels.... What you think?

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Kamelot314 said:
Tanks !!! Yup see the last paragraph... i don`t know wich one i would like to get... I was thinkinh about a sert of 2003 Black Cobra wheels.... What you think?
Some saleens would look sexy on that car, cobras are nice too.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
You beat me to it. Yeah definitely get wheels. Wide ones. 18s. Saleens would look sweet.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the idea.... but not sure for 18`s.... I was thinking for 17`s since i will bought some H&R Super Sport to lower the car...

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
18s will fill the gap better.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Kamelot314 said:
I like the idea.... but not sure for 18`s.... I was thinking for 17`s since i will bought some H&R Super Sport to lower the car...
Damn good job buddy! She didn't look bad at first but now she looks super!! Turned out great. How's the exhaust sound? Also can't wait to see what rims ya go with

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn good job buddy! She didn't look bad at first but now she looks super!! Turned out great. How's the exhaust sound? Also can't wait to see what rims ya go with
Tanks dude!!! Here a video of the exhaust!! :) In person its a lot louder... but i like it!!!

Exhaust Video

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

She looks great Kamelot!
Tanks Azure!!! Glad to see peoples give me some thumbs up! :)

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Kamelot314 said:
Tanks dude!!! Here a video of the exhaust!! :) In person its a lot louder... but i like it!!!

Exhaust Video

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Tanks Azure!!! Glad to see peoples give me some thumbs up! :)
I was actually gonna ask about exhaust ! Or did I lol? Sounds good!!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Wow very nice! I think saleens as everyone else said would look best. Get the widest wheels possible for the back :p

Ps...i wish i had a toilet in my garage :p

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow very nice! I think saleens as everyone else said would look best. Get the widest wheels possible for the back :p

Ps...i wish i had a toilet in my garage :p

Tanks!!!

Also i was thinking to plasti dip the decklid panel.... It is a good idea??? I`m a little afraid to use a spray bomb paint all over the new paint.... you do you guys suggest me?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would go with 18 Saleen... I've got my car lowered 2in and I have 18 black chrome fr500. 18 fill so better :) nice car dude! Good job!!

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
TheNewKid said:
I would go with 18 Saleen... I've got my car lowered 2in and I have 18 black chrome fr500. 18 fill so better :) nice car dude! Good job!!
I love the fr500 wheels

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Any updates?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nah not really... Winter is here... so the car is in the garage... next week i`m gonna order my news wheels... i decide to go with black bullitt 17x8 - 17x9 since the car will be lowred on H&R this summer.... Also i bought some letters decals for the bumper in black...

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
That's cars got alot of goodies lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's cars got alot of goodies lol
And a lot of money spended on it :)

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

oh i forget... i got a 2004 GT rear end... i`m gonna clean it up and repaint black and add a 3.73 gear on it and rebuilt de t-lok... :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts