Kb or TT??

• Kenne Belle

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Twin Turbo

Votes: 5 38.5%

KB or TT??

5K views 49 replies 14 participants last post by  Js281GT 
#1 ·
Is it better to go with kb blower or a TT??? And then it would be safe to ride at 7-9 psi and i would jus need to get forged internals, thats it?? What are "all" the forged internals??

#3 ·
KB Biatch
4 minute pulley change
NO LAG
+262 HP at 14 PSI and that includes all you need for the system minus the tune
plus you can get it fast whereas a turbo system would more than likely have to be custom built

my .02

#7 ·
timpryor said:
KB Biatch
4 minute pulley change
NO LAG
+262 HP at 14 PSI and that includes all you need for the system minus the tune
plus you can get it fast whereas a turbo system would more than likely have to be custom built

my .02
I dont run that much psi! I want to run like 7-9 psi (something safe) But yea Iaw those TT and I loved it!!! Which one gives you more hp? The kb blower or the TT?? And where can i get all this stuff forged at???

#9 ·
lowflyn said:
Yeh turbolag is a thing of the past now. I say TT
I'll remember that the next time I drill a turbo'ed car off the line while he waits for help. :)

KB is my vote. A nice flip chip and a 2 minute pulley swap and you can watch the turbo guys cry.

#10 ·
Smurfin said:
I'll remember that the next time I drill a turbo'ed car off the line while he waits for help. :)

KB is my vote. A nice flip chip and a 2 minute pulley swap and you can watch the turbo guys cry.
listen to this man for god sake

trust me the only bad thing about the KB is that GOD DAMN whine it gets annoying doesnt it smurfin?

#11 ·
timpryor said:
listen to this man for god sake

trust me the only bad thing about the KB is that GOD DAMN whine it gets annoying doesnt it smurfin?
Yes it does, I mean, when you get into it and it starts whining real loud, it makes the cheeks hurt...from smiling so much Not to mention your poor passengers. Those that aren't car nuts well, their other cheeks start hurting from clenching so hard thinking they are going to die. :)

#12 ·
Hahaha....like the guy who rode with you when I came down...yelling to slow down the whole time. I was just enjoying the ride. I wasn't saying turbos are superior to superchargers, just that I prefer turbos in some situations. Depending on which engine I end up going with...I'll be supercharged in one situation and TT in the other. Either way it'lll be one fast car.

#14 ·
Twin Turbo.

Roots blowers are nice off the line but tend to fall flat on their face at high RPMs. If you size the turbos right, there will be no lag at all. The V6 guys are using Garrett T3/T4 Hybrids size 57mm and are spooling at 2,000 RPMs and making full boost at 2,500 RPMs and make boost all the way up to redline. You can probally add about another 40 horsepower since the turbo won't need to steal power from the engine to make power.

Plus there is nothing like the sound of a turbo spooled up and flying down the road. To everyone else, you'll sound like a jet going by.

#15 ·
I am not really looking to going on te track yet, but I just want to have a lil MORE power!! I m looking for a "street" car not a "race" car!!! And I was wondering which would be better to run at 7-9 psi??? A KENNE BELLE OR A TT??? Also which produces more power???

#19 ·
StangGt804 said:
Turbocharged TT's have a warranty on them i think!!! And could some explain to me about all this boost crap!!! PLEASE
boost is an addition to atmospheric pressure, say 5 psi is 5 more Pounds Per Square Inch, that are in youre engine. regular atmospheric pressure i believe is 14.7 psi. so you would have 19.7 psi which is an addition of 5 psi

#20 ·
You only get noticable turbo lag when you use turbos that are too large. Properly sized turbos would rock about any KB setup.

And boost is actually a measure of restriction. 2 cars with the same power adder and one having high flow heads/headers/exhaust... the one with the higher flowing parts will actually have less boost but more power.

#21 ·
timpryor said:
yeah fine then change the boost pressure down to like 9 psi then your running +160 HP
then when you take it to the track throw on a 12 or 14 # pulley and watch your timeslips go down

And watch your engine go BOOM....

any time you upgrade to more boost, you should get a dyno tune for it. You could probably do this with a flip chip but ya don't want to push the edge too much.

#24 ·
Personally, I wouldnt get either. The KB for my car, gets full boost at 2000rpm, making it hard to get traction at the track. TT kits cost a lot, and I would have to get different exhaust. For you this isnt a big deal because your car is stock. Im going with a Vortech, and a nice little tune.

#25 ·
You can get traction just fine at the track with a KB, you just have to know how to launch it. You would launch at a lower rpm then with a centri blower.

#26 ·
Go with whatever you really want. People can tell you what they would go with all day long but it's all a matter of preference. Do you want to spend ~5g for a nice supercharger setup completely done or spend 6k plus for a custom TT setup that may or may not work correctly the first time it's tried on your car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.