Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any tips on how to keep my car clean? I washed it today before class, and It already had a noticeable amount of dirt on it by the time I got home. I'm not sure if its because I live in a brand new neighborhood where construction is always happening? Does it need a wax? I hate when my car is dirty because I don't want people to think I don't take care of my car haha

·
Registered
809 Posts
Car cover. You get dust even if you park in a garage, car cover is your solution

·
Registered
92 Posts
I live on an Army post and I park outside a motor pool with humvees and other other equipment so you can imagine the amount of dirt and mud are on the roads around here. I feel you on washing the car and then it gets dirty again. I try to wax mine every month and I try to clean the tires twice a month because I love that shine of new tires. Also after I wash it I wipe it dry with a leather cloth to make sure no spots are left. Afterwards I go over the rest with a microfiber towel. Besides the wax I do this every week and people think I'm crazy. I just like having a clean car I take care of

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I try to wash my car when I can, preferably by hand. However, I'm so busy and uncooperative weather means I usually have to settle for a quick pressure wash. I will never take my car to an automated wash.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Leaf blower if you're carful. Dust is one thing, road grime is another. The air is always dirty so the back is always dirty. Even after 50 feet of driving. Car cover is good solution.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i love my california duster... :D (the trick is to know when to use it)

as for keeping it clean...i keep a duffle bag of supplies in the trunk...

-microfibers of different colors for different supplies
-meguiars wash & wax anywhere spray
-meguiars ulitimate detailer
-AA wheel protectant (like a wheel clear coat)
-Blue Magic tire shine
-invisible glass (and shop towel roll)
-headlight restore (to keep the headlights looking new)

so yeah just some basic stuff for use when needed

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am on a Army base also, and I walk far to work lol. I park way waay out, and bum a ride anytime we go out to a site that is muddy. I swear by this FW1. It works like a champ. You just need two really good microfiber cloths, and if your like me you use about 5, but they are cheap at Wallmart or Sam's Club. I can just take my micro cloth out my trunk and dust her off and it works on your rims ans tires also. Recommend getting the spray gun top for a couple of buck with help you save on spray. Each use will last a few weeks, but I clean my car at least once a week. Cheaper if you buy in bulk.

FW1 Wash & Wax 17.50 oz. Aerosol Can (Special Internet Price) [FW1] - $19.99 : FW1 Racing Formula, HIGH PERFORMANCE CLEANING WAX IN AN AEROSOL CAN

Attachments

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Putting a cover on a dirty car is not a good thing..

Putting a cover on a nice clean car is ideal. It will keep your car nice and clean.

Putting a cover on a dirty car is the worst thing you can do for your nice paint job. Any movement at all with the cover (Such as putting it on or taking it off can or will cause scratches in the clear coat))

Just do a good wax job and when it gets to dirty just wash it.
Ronnie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts