Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen numerous debates on the 6 psi non intercooled and the 9 psi intercooled twin screws. Some say the 6 psi is safe, others claim the heat soaking makes it not worth it. Would like some more knowledgable opinions before I make a decision. I know an inter cooler is always better, but the $1000 difference plays a big role too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm more or less concerned if the non intercooled one will function safely. I know it's a safe amount of boost, but will the heat be a big enough issue to cause problems?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,104 Posts
Matticus said:
I'm more or less concerned if the non intercooled one will function safely. I know it's a safe amount of boost, but will the heat be a big enough issue to cause problems?
With that small of boost level you should have no problems with heat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Las0mbra said:
With that small of boost level you should have no problems with heat.
That's what I thought too, but I've been told the twin screws soak a lot of heat, even sometimes when inter cooled.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,140 Posts
The KB case is made from billet aluminum which disperses heat so heat soak is at a minimum , if you run the 6 psi you will be ok but I would definitely get the inter cooler setup so you can run more boost and make more power, if you buy the non inter cooled kit and purchase the inter cooler later you will need a new tune also so the money you would save now will cost you more later , get the inter cooler setup and tune once and be done
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rm360 said:
The KB case is made from billet aluminum which disperses heat so heat soak is at a minimum , if you run the 6 psi you will be ok but I would definitely get the inter cooler setup so you can run more boost and make more power, if you buy the non inter cooled kit and purchase the inter cooler later you will need a new tune also so the money you would save now will cost you more later , get the inter cooler setup and tune once and be done
That 5k for just the kit though, that hurts my bank account lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also, if I did save up for the intercooled kit that's at 9 psi, would I need to get forged internals? I know I wouldn't need it with the 6 psi one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
WheelStander said:
No

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

I'm gonna run 10 with stock internals.
Don't mean to hijack, but at what psi would forged be necessary?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1996v6stang said:
Has the motor been rebuilt ever?
Not to my knowledge, but it's well taken care of and should cause any problems with a conservative tune.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Matticus said:
Not to my knowledge, but it's well taken care of and should cause any problems with a conservative tune.
Shouldnt*
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top