Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a KB 2.8 LC installed on my 2015 Mustang GT. 6 speed manual with 3.73 ratio. 9.3 PSI.

Dyno showing 576 rwhp, 462 wheel torque.
Does this seem right? Read the rwhp at 640 is pretty common and 530 torque

·
Administrator
1,433 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining MustangEvolution!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
I encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
If you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you’ve chosen to join our community.

Someone will be along shortly with advice.

·
Administrator
1,433 Posts
I’d say it’s in the Ballpark, but tuning plays a big part in this. Who tuned the car after the install?

Reactions: Beechkid

·
Administrator
1,433 Posts
Okay, so it came with a starter tune for the install? If yes, then find a real Mustang tuner and get a good Dyno-Tune. The KB tune is likely very conservative.

If the Dyno you tested on already tweaked it out, then I guess the numbers you have now, are Where it’s going to stay.

·
Administrator
1,433 Posts
Thanks for the advise. It seemed a little conservative to me too.
Your welcome. Honestly, if the only mods you have are a blower-kit, you don’t want much more power. You’re going to need cooling system upgrades, suspension upgrades, exhaust upgrades, and more if you add a bunch of power. You’re better-off leaving it as is, if you’re happy with it aside from HP/TQ.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did some upgrades. And it came with everything supposedly needed, heat exchanger, larger injectors, eyc. I added Catback exhaust ( Borla) Eibach suspension, new upper and lower front drill for air. It's has the 6 piston brembo brakes. But no clutch, e85, headers etc. The reason for my questions is, I almost went with another shop and a Procharger with a DX blower upgrade and they were telling me with that plus 1100 injectors they could go 800 rwhp. I am not a kid and don't run a track so I want manageable but strong power. Car only has 26K on it. Bought it brand new. When I went with Kenne Bell and the new shop they quoted 750 at the fly somewhere between 625- 650 at the wheel. Just wondering why it tuned under the quote. KB says it's capable of 750 rwhp. But realize that would be " violent " power for the street. I emailed them. Right now it's a mute point. I live in Ohio and it's in the high twenties so I can't even see what 575 hp feels like. By next spring I will end up paying for another tune. IDK in this economy everyone is over promising, under delivering and over charging.

Thanks again for your input

Oh 305/30 rubber on 20 inch rims.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would recommend Jon Lund II (Lund Racing) as a tuner. He is indeed very professional. I have a mammoth KB but the KB tune supplied with it does not give you much. I had several tuning sessions with Jon, the last one on the Dyno. The result is 780 rwhp and 980 trq. with possible upgrade with smaller pulleys. I have also a Magna Flow exhaust, boost-a pump, a larger pump and radiator for the intercooler (also recommended by Jon, BMR suspension Tremec gearbox and a compatible clutch for 800 hp. Completely satisfied!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts