Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 96 mustang has remote lock and unlock, I was pulling fuses to see if any were blown because I had other problems (now delt with) but I pulled the (remote lock fuse) whichever that one is, and I heard my doors lock then unlock, and I put the fuse back in and now my remote locks won't work. I still have power locks on the door but my remote lock won't work, no fuses are blown and I had just replaced the battery's on the remote...Any ideas? It's frustrating not having remote locks when you should.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
My 96 mustang has remote lock and unlock, I was pulling fuses to see if any were blown because I had other problems (now delt with) but I pulled the (remote lock fuse) whichever that one is, and I heard my doors lock then unlock, and I put the fuse back in and now my remote locks won't work. I still have power locks on the door but my remote lock won't work, no fuses are blown and I had just replaced the battery's on the remote...Any ideas? It's frustrating not having remote locks when you should.
Do you have the original instructions for your remote and alarm? The remote was probably disconnected from the system itself. If you don't have the manual look it up online and there should be a way to activate your remote again. Example; push valet button, hold down key unlock on remote. Something like that.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Do you have the original instructions for your remote and alarm? The remote was probably disconnected from the system itself. If you don't have the manual look it up online and there should be a way to activate your remote again. Example; push valet button, hold down key unlock on remote. Something like that.
+1

It should be the same as programming a new remote. Look it up and I'm sure you'll find it

·
Registered
37 Posts
You put the key n the ignition, turn on then off, then on and off again. The car should lock then unlock, then hit lock on your key fob.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
You put the key n the ignition, turn on then off, then on and off again. The car should lock then unlock, then hit lock on your key fob.
All doors must be unlocked. Turn key from off to ignition-on 8 times. The 8th time the doors will lock then unlock. I just bought new keyfobs for my mustang when I had the new keys cut.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts