Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday night, I came home from work, parked my car, and locked it. I heard the car give a beep from the horn to let me know it was locked. But then I remembered I still had my wallet in the car.

I turned around and attempted to unlocked the car using the fob and it wouldn't unlock. None of the buttons would make the car do anything, actually. I couldn't make the alarm go off or pop the trunk or anything. So I thought that the fob must have died.

I went inside the house and got my spare but the spare wouldn't work either. In a panicked last ditch effort, I unlocked the door with the physical key and turned the car on and off. After that both key fobs worked normally. I'm guessing the sensor glitched out? I'm not sure, but if anyone runs across this, try starting the car and trying again.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well at least I'm not alone. My last car didn't have electronic anything so I'm fairly new to key fobs. Lol

·
Registered
294 Posts
i have a lot of issues with my key fob not working randomly as well. been meaning to have it looked at while under warranty.... interesting that it seems to be a common problem...

for me, it almost seems to be like the signal is being 'blocked' at times. i can be standing right near the car and have to move around to make it work...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yesterday night, I came home from work, parked my car, and locked it. I heard the car give a beep from the horn to let me know it was locked. But then I remembered I still had my wallet in the car.

I turned around and attempted to unlocked the car using the fob and it wouldn't unlock. None of the buttons would make the car do anything, actually. I couldn't make the alarm go off or pop the trunk or anything. So I thought that the fob must have died.

I went inside the house and got my spare but the spare wouldn't work either. In a panicked last ditch effort, I unlocked the door with the physical key and turned the car on and off. After that both key fobs worked normally. I'm guessing the sensor glitched out? I'm not sure, but if anyone runs across this, try starting the car and trying again.
I kind of have the same problem except the key that strongly used it won't turn the car over all the block buttons work but now I won't even turn the car over but my second spare does turn the car on just fine so I don't know what to do there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts