Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my car used with no key fob I saw some at my local auto parts store the other day how do you know if the car is equipped for keyless entry?

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
I would think a VIN # check could tell you, but I'm not sure

·
Registered
362 Posts
Buy one its $5 then go program it. There's videos on youtube on how to do it... If it doesn't work, return it.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
V6in said:
Buy one its $5 then go program it. There's videos on youtube on how to do it... If it doesn't work, return it.
You need two remotes to program one, otherwise you gotta pay

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yea just buy one online they're pretty cheap and come with instructions if you get a vehicle specific one. Don't buy generic. And I don't believe you need two to program one, maybe your thinking of the pats key and even then you only need one

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Programming a key requires two keys with the PATS type C ('99 to '04) Securilock system. The remote entry system is unrelated to the PATS. You only need one key fob, which can be a brand new one, up to four can be programmed.

The owner's manual describes the procedure--they can be downloaded from Ford here...

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
cliffyk said:
Programming a key requires two keys with the PATS type C ('99 to '04) Securilock system. The remote entry system is unrelated to the PATS. You only need one key fob, which can be a brand new one, up to four can be programmed.

The owner's manual describes the procedure--they can be downloaded from Ford here...
Hm, that's nice to know.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Yea just buy one online they're pretty cheap and come with instructions if you get a vehicle specific one. Don't buy generic. And I don't believe you need two to program one, maybe your thinking of the pats key and even then you only need one
Hmm I think that depends on the car with pats key. I was looking into it for my Moms car she lost her spare key and remote.. Well to say the least my family has the worst luck loosing keys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts