Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
How can i find out if my car has keyless entry and if it doesnt can i get the modual somehow?
Get in your car, put your key in the ignition, turn it to the on position and than to the off position, do that 8 times, if your door locks jump up and down you have keyless entry, you can buy one on eBay for cheap and program it by doing the same thing with the key 8 times, than when locks start to jump you press lock/unlock on the keypad or something along those lines.

·
Registered
916 Posts
They cost about 4 bucks, they tell you to turn your ignition to on (but not running) and back to off 8 times within 10 seconds. If you already have the box then you press the lock button on it and the locks will cycle. You have 10 seconds to press the lock button on each key fob.

I have two. One I keep inside the house in case I ever lock my keys in the car lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
The other method to try is to short the two metal pins inside the grey connector while the key is in the ignition in the on position. Locks should cycle, then push the lock/unlock button(s) to see if they lock/unlock with the remote fob. Easy to do!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts