Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys searching on Ebay I see tons of these keyless remotes for all years of cars my question is how do you know if it would work with my car? Cause I really want one but I don't want to buy one try and program it and it not work..........Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
your car should have come with it. look under your spare tire, that's where they are when they come from the factory. if you bought it new and have never taken your spare tire out it's under there, along with your owner's manual

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I bought it used, and it used to be a rental car so........but I did check and it's not there. I will probabley call my local ford dealership

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
ha mine was a rental car too. that's where mine was...sorry i couldn't help you any :(

·
Registered
48 Posts
im going to bump this old thread instead of starting a new one.

my car was also a rental car, haha. i also see alot of ebay auctions for remotes that will "work with any mustang." they are saying i can just buy a remote, program it and it will work with my mustang. is this true?? is there a way to determine this? i hope it works, because not having a passenger keyhole blows.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
the module is in the trunk, im sure you have it, its standard, just go to ford and tell them you need to get a remote and get it programed for your car.

·
Registered
251 Posts
steedav6builder said:
yea they do work. my grandma gave me a keyfob from her taurus and it worked for my car. this is how u program them.
http://www.nvo.com/deter/140/
if u follow the directions in this link it is really easy to program them. i did it in about 2 mins with the extra one i got.

·
Registered
48 Posts
well, i bought one off ebay, and it didnt work. the auction said clearly it was for a 98-04 mustang. and after it didnt work, i emailed the seller, and she said it was tested before shipment(but she offered a refund if it doesnt work). i replaced the battery, and still nothing.

did all 03 mustangs definetly come with keyless entry??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts