Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a OEM keypad from a dealer out in Virginia so it should be here in a few days and I've seen the keypad in the inside of the gas tank cover I'm going to install it then post up pics... Just wanted to know if anyone here did it... I saw it on another forum... I always forget my keys on the house so the keypad will be awesome... Don't be mean if you don't like the idea keep your opinions to yourself anyways here's a pic of how some other guy did it

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
Aruiz42 said:
I just bought a OEM keypad from a dealer out in Virginia so it should be here in a few days and I've seen the keypad in the inside of the gas tank cover I'm going to install it then post up pics... Just wanted to know if anyone here did it... I saw it on another forum... I always forget my keys on the house so the keypad will be awesome... Don't be mean if you don't like the idea keep your opinions to yourself anyways here's a pic of how some other guy did it
Some people may think it's stupid but kind like the idea. I've locked my keys in my trunk many of times.

·
Registered
450 Posts
How do you run the wires for this? Seems like a good idea.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
What if you use the wrong code and it explodes?

Just kidding, I've seen this before. I wouldn't do it myself but if it your thing go for it!

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Looks like a good idea cause the none factory ones look like trash on the door, I like how my Lincoln's is built into the door handle

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NO WIRING NECCESARY

Pretty cool idea, I would do it but the wiring seems like it would be an absolute pain.
For all those thinking about wiring... There is no wires. This is OEM from ford. If you ask them to install it they do it by the door but its wirless and you can istalll it anywhere. i Bought it for 70 bucks on ebay from a ford dealer meanwhile online at ford accesories they are asking for 85.
For those wondering it works the same as your keyfob. Its only diffrent because it stays on your car and you put in a code. From my understanding you can open all doors, lock all doors and open the trunk from this key pad.

It comes with programming instructions and im sure it will be similar to MYKEY programming meaning ill need both my keys to make sure this programs to my car! Im so excited!

·
Registered
450 Posts
For all those thinking about wiring... There is no wires. This is OEM from ford. If you ask them to install it they do it by the door but its wirless and you can istalll it anywhere. i Bought it for 70 bucks on ebay from a ford dealer meanwhile online at ford accesories they are asking for 85.
For those wondering it works the same as your keyfob. Its only diffrent because it stays on your car and you put in a code. From my understanding you can open all doors, lock all doors and open the trunk from this key pad.

It comes with programming instructions and im sure it will be similar to MYKEY programming meaning ill need both my keys to make sure this programs to my car! Im so excited!
Keep us informed on how it goes. I like this idea.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I was going to do this for my 10' but it won't work there with the capless fuel system due to the water/dust shield on the door....

·
Registered
720 Posts
That's actually an awesome idea. I couldn't care less what the inside of the gas lid looks like and if you get locked out it's perfect. Unless the batteries are dead the one time you lock your keys in it :banghead:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Still haven't received it yet but it should be here this coming week! I hate people who ship slow

1 - 20 of 46 Posts