Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I recently went over 50k miles (currently 51.5) but I start to hear a knocking up front whenever one side of the car goes over a bump or when I stop.I have done my tie rods and ball joints along with new struts and strut mounts. Its really loud and whenever I come to a complete stop it knocks as well. My friend said it was tie rods but does anyone have the same problem or remedies?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mine does that too, but only when I put it in drive after a cold start. I only have about 60xxx on mine. Have you done any work on the front end of your car?

·
Registered
47 Posts
My did the same thing when I replaced the control arms I upgraded to the am gt500 ones they knocked for a little bit but went away I think that's the ball joint wearing in but I'm not sure all I know I got it checked out and they told me there was nothing wrong and I did the control arms myself

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would say so its a much stiffer ride as in when I hit a bump the car doesn't pull anywhere I think the only difference is its stiffer ball joints and bushings I was always told by my pa dukes and old timers to change out the control arm rather than ball joints because when repressing the ballpoint could possible damage

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would say so its a much stiffer ride as in when I hit a bump the car doesn't pull anywhere I think the only difference is its stiffer ball joints and bushings I was always told by my pa dukes and old timers to change out the control arm rather than ball joints because when repressing the ballpoint could possible damage
Traditionally a control can only take two ball joint changes because ypur essentially stretching out the hole each time you do it. So yes it is better to do control arms. A lot of companies tend to make them integrated now based on that knowledge. Bmw is well known for this. So yeah its definitely a better bet I just didnt have the money at the time

1 - 7 of 7 Posts