Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was just taking my front tires off today so I can tweak my suspension for the upcoming auto cross. When I took off my passenger side front tire I realized I have a knot or ball sticking from the inside of the tire. Should I be concerned? What caused this? Thnks

image-970226963.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Venomouz831 said:
Hey guys I was just taking my front tires off today so I can tweak my suspension for the upcoming auto cross. When I took off my passenger side front tire I realized I have a knot or ball sticking from the inside of the tire. Should I be concerned? What caused this? Thnks
I don't think that is a good thing. That could potentially lead to a blowout. The sidewall is separating

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sally2002 said:
I don't think that is a good thing. That could potentially lead to a blowout. The sidewall is separating
I wonder why? Too much air?

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sally2002 said:
If its what your vehicle recommends then no not to much air. How many miles are on them
Hmm I'll check what the psi is on em. Ive put about 2k miles on them

·
Registered
438 Posts
Venomouz831 said:
Hmm I'll check what the psi is on em. Ive put about 2k miles on them
Call the place where you got them and tell them what's going and see if they will replace it for free or even go straight to the top

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sally2002 said:
Call the place where you got them and tell them what's going and see if they will replace it for free or even go straight to the top
I will try that but I'm guessing what they will say is like road conditions or something

·
Registered
438 Posts
Venomouz831 said:
I will try that but I'm guessing what they will say is like road conditions or something
I wouldn't think so beings that it's in the sidewall. It doesn't contact the road.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sally2002 said:
Them are suppose to be some good tires I thought
Me too.. Maybe a tire place can fix them up somehow

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

99ford said:
Talk to topless04GT "Josh" he sells tires for a large company he'd probably know.
Ok will do

·
Registered
26 Posts
yea i had the same problem happen to my driver side tire it lasted a few weeks then slowly air started to leak till finally tire blew..

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
RepumSN95 said:
yea i had the same problem happen to my driver side tire it lasted a few weeks then slowly air started to leak till finally tire blew..
Oh it blew! Dang gotta find a replacement quickly

1 - 20 of 29 Posts