Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any use Koni orange for drag racing? I'm thinking of going with them with BMR springs for my dd that I take drag racing once a couple months. I would rather save the extra $ & not go with adjustable. My other option is to go with strange/viking set up! What do u guys runs for a dd that's drag races some times?

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone run Koni orange w/ BMR springs??

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Koni Orange shocks/struts are not meant for drag racing. You want some adjustables.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Really? What happened if you use them for drag racing? Sorry for noob question but I am planning to do one in the near future.. I guess at least they are better than stock.

MPT tune, Axle exchange Aluminum driveshaft, 3:73 gears, borla stype, frrp x pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, airaid cai, Jlt separator, koni orange shocks and struts, SR Springs, gt500 mounts, J&M Panhard bar, Bmr LCA, 2010 gt500 wheels, roush chin splitter, roush louvers, and RTR stripes... ? ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the Koni orange if your racing the car a couple times a month. Are there better out there sure, but on a dd they are a great strut&shock combo. I would be thinking more about trailing arms, one pcs driveshaft and a set of stickys.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the Koni orange if your racing the car a couple times a month.
Umm, really? I guess if you're not serious about having good times at the track sure. I would prefer to do it right the first time.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was planning on Strange/Viking combo but since I only go drag racing for fun once every couple months I feel like they might be overkill. Has anyone taken the Konis out to the strip?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Umm, really? I guess if you're not serious about having good times at the track sure. I would prefer to do it right the first time.
Ummm Yea! You dont need adjustable shocks too have a good time at the track.
A stock HP mustang with a set of slicks and a decent driver can have a blast at the track and be very consistent. Op the koni orange shocks are not a drag racing shock as you know but they will give you a much better ride than stock. And for a car with under 500hp they will work just fine if your on a budget.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ummm Yea! You dont need adjustable shocks too have a good time at the track.

A stock HP mustang with a set of slicks and a decent driver can have a blast at the track and be very consistent. Op the koni orange shocks are not a drag racing shock as you know but they will give you a much better ride than stock. And for a car with under 500hp they will work just fine if your on a budget.

Yea I figure for the couple times a year that I go I should be fine.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I have the oranges. I've dragged on them about 10 passes. I'm sure strange or Viking might net me a slightly better time than a 12.77 @ 112 (6spd w/street tires) they're fine for my needs. I also daily the car and it sees drag duty maybe twice a summer. I may get some 50/50 strange shocks and mickeys down the road once the SC goes on. But it's doable, because I've done it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have the oranges. I've dragged on them about 10 passes. I'm sure strange or Viking might net me a slightly better time than a 12.77 @ 112 (6spd w/street tires) they're fine for my needs. I also daily the car and it sees drag duty maybe twice a summer. I may get some 50/50 strange shocks and mickeys down the road once the SC goes on. But it's doable, because I've done it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Awesome to hear man! I really wanted someone's opinion that has the Koni's. Yea I'm thinking I'll be fine since I mainly DD & only take it to the drag strip a few times a year & I just go for fun not to try to squeeze every tenth out of it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts