Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
American muscle has them for a really good price ATM. March Madness sale. I want to purchase them but I have a big question that I can't get a straight answer to: what kind of strut mounts and boots can I use with these? They're not sold with them and when I do a google search I can't find any answers.

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Normally you re use the factory dust boot. Most aftermarket struts re use them with Bilsteins being an exception.

The struts ship with new strut nuts and unless you're also lowering the car significantly you can retain the factory plates. Also they mount at the factory locations on the spindle.

I just installed a set of these on an 01 GT and it was pretty straight forwards.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Normally you re use the factory dust boot. Most aftermarket struts re use them with Bilsteins being an exception.

The struts ship with new strut nuts and unless you're also lowering the car significantly you can retain the factory plates. Also they mount at the factory locations on the spindle.

I just installed a set of these on an 01 GT and it was pretty straight forwards.

My factory boots are probably shot. 187k miles on the original struts. I was looking at Sensa Trac and GR 2s and saw those came with some dust boots and mounts for pretty cheap. Could I use the boots and mounts for either of those on the Koni STR.T's? Or would I be better off ordering some new OEM boots and mounts?

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Not familiar with those brands so not sure if the dust boot is designed differently. If you went with the Konis I would stick with OEM boots to be safe. I know from experience that they work.

It's one heck of a deal for the Konis right now. ~$329 for a very good set of shocks/struts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts