Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon.

I was looking to get Koni STR.T shocks/struts for my 2011 V6 but have found they are out of stock everywhere!!

What are other good options for shocks/struts that will work with SR performance lowering springs (giving about a 1.5" drop all around). Trying to stay within a budget so was looking for some additional input/opinions.

Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ave read that the koni oranges are very similar to stock. Steeda proactions are great on mine . I got a really good deal on black Friday but you would be happy with them. Get the Steeda strut mounts if you can. I found a gently used set on craigslist and they are much easier to install than the factory ones that come apart easily and the ball bearings go everywhere. You won't need camber bolts with the steeda strut mounts. I went with vogtland springs because they were designed for our v6 cars.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Strange Adjustables

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Try Sam, I was able to put Koni Sports in my Cart there. His number is at the top of the page also.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try Sam, I was able to put Koni Sports in my Cart there. His number is at the top of the page also.
I'll give him a shot. I was able to put them in and order at Steeda too. That's actually where i did my initial order at. But then was informed, after placing the order, that they were out of stock and wouldn't be in till end of July. Have a bad shock and want to get the suspension done asap so I can start enjoying a better ride..

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are Strange Engineering shocks and struts good? Looking at the single adjust ones.

Thanks everyone for the help

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
If you are looking for a better ride I would go with the Koni SRT.T, I put the sports on mine for the drives through the mountains and they can be rather firm. Just give Sam a call and he will set you up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you are looking for a better ride I would go with the Koni SRT.T, I put the sports on mine for the drives through the mountains and they can be rather firm. Just give Sam a call and he will set you up.
I did. They don't have them in stock and checked with Koni who's not expecting them till September according to what the person I spoke with said.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Hey Grabber. I don't do any track or drag, just street driver. Still a good option with some lowering springs?

Thanks.
Yes but I would base them on price. Buy them if you can't find any of the other options out there but they do work well.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
They are out of stock. I was going to suggest you change to the 2005-2009 shock and struts and get the GT500 strut mounts like I did, they are out of stock too :(. I just got new orange Koni struts a couple months ago, I guess I got lucky :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes but I would base them on price. Buy them if you can't find any of the other options out there but they do work well.
I was looking at the Koni's (as the title says) but they're nowhere to be found, unless i want to wait until August!! I also had seen the KYB Excel-G shocks and struts, but not sure how they'd do with lowering springs? Want to try to stay under $500 and everything else jumps up above that (except for the Steeda's which are also out of stock). I found the Strange shocks and struts for $479 all in. Not sure if that's a good price or not

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They are out of stock. I was going to suggest you change to the 2005-2009 shock and struts and get the GT500 strut mounts like I did, they are out of stock too :(. I just got new orange Koni struts a couple months ago, I guess I got lucky :)
What's out of stock?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
The front orange Koni struts for the 2005-2009 Mustangs and the 2011-2014 Mustangs. I didn't check for the rear Koni shocks

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have install the blistein B6 with eibach Pro kit springs ,,,, Here in Europe, the blistein are much better seen than the kony, I have them in a BMW 325 ix with springs M (eibach) and they are very good

You have them at a very good price at Rockauto (you do not pay customs or shipping to Europe, so even cheaper)

·
Registered
106 Posts
this weekend I'll try to install a BMR watts link.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts