Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Depends on what sound you want. Ive seen some guys pretty much run the same set up you have and love it... Others prefer the Borla or mangnaflow. You may wanna check YouTube and just see what you like.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Looking for a deep sound. Not sure if it was the clamps or if I didn't tighten them enough. But I kept blowing the pipe off after the x-pipe.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hmmm..... interesting. Are you putting them on with an impact gun? I've got the Kooks LT's with catted x and haven't had any problems blowing off the pipes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had alot of problems blowing my mufflers off until i used a high impact. I have LT's and o/r x with custom fiberglass mufflers and its crazy loud. Inside there isn't much sound other than that from the headers but mine sounds like its from hell. Some like it and some dont. But driving normal it has a semi deep mellow tone but if you get on it, it wakes the dead. I had flowmasters but i hated the interior noise so had to change it...just my view tho

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Have the kooks exhaust and running to stock mufflers. What axle back mufflers would you recommend?
I'm agreeing with Dion11197, I use the Magnaflow, but I do like the Borla also. Either is good in my opinion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help everyone! Now it's on to my next project. Whipple or Kenny bell! Maybe then I'll blow the doors off! Lol

·
Registered
829 Posts
Blackandorange said:
Thanks for the help everyone! Now it's on to my next project. Whipple or Kenny bell! Maybe then I'll blow the doors off! Lol
Now theres a good topic!! To throw another one at you... You should check out the roush TVS2300, that's another good twin screw with very impressive numbers!

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Right now my big debat is with the Saleen series VI SC and the Kenne Bell Mammoth SC.

·
Banned
126 Posts
I offer u a Magnaflow , borla are nice but I think to expensive, pretty much pay more for the name

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

I have the whipple kit just let me know

1 - 15 of 15 Posts