Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
100% sure no. It's a shorty X pipe that's designed to work with long tube headers. If you want to change your H pipe to an after market X without installing long tube headers I would suggest going with a JBA or Gibson, they seem to be the best bang for your buck but do so knowing that if you intend to add long tube headers down the road you will need to either modify the pipe you have or purchase a different pipe.

Here's the Gibson I just purchased. You can't beat it for the price and knowing that I will be installing long tubes next summer it didn't make sense to spend the big bucks on a Borla or one of the other big money brands.

Gibson Performance Exhaust 319011 Aluminized Crossover Exhaust X-Pipe : Amazon.com : Automotive

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
100% sure no. It's a shorty X pipe that's designed to work with long tube headers. If you want to change your H pipe to an after market X without installing long tube headers I would suggest going with a JBA or Gibson, they seem to be the best bang for your buck but do so knowing that if you intend to add long tube headers down the road you will need to either modify the pipe you have or purchase a different pipe.

Here's the Gibson I just purchased. You can't beat it for the price and knowing that I will be installing long tubes next summer it didn't make sense to spend the big bucks on a Borla or one of the other big money brands.

Gibson Performance Exhaust 319011 Aluminized Crossover Exhaust X-Pipe : Amazon.com : Automotive
Call me odd but I don't like how that is one giant piece. Prefer my JBA O/R X :D

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stage 3 had told me the kooks fit, they called me today apologizing for the mis communication

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Lethal Performance makes an offroad X-Pipe in aluminized steel or stainless steel. Fitment is excellent.
http://www.lethalperformance.com/2011-2012-2013-mustang-gt-5-0l/exhaust/mid-pipes/lethal-performance.html
Any dyno results for the power that was applied after installing?

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Magnaflow off-road x. Is the way to go you get what you pay for.
Any dyno sheet to back this up, its 200 more

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
I don't have the Lethal offroad X-Pipe. I have the lethal offroad H-Pipe. No dyno results as I have no need for them. You can expect about 15 rwhp from either one. But both fit fine. And I would skip the Magnaflow one as it isn't a true X-Pipe.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't have the Lethal offroad X-Pipe. I have the lethal offroad H-Pipe. No dyno results as I have no need for them. You can expect about 15 rwhp from either one. But both fit fine. And I would skip the Magnaflow one as it isn't a true X-Pipe.
Any leak problems, was it clamped or welded?

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Stage 3 had told me the kooks fit, they called me today apologizing for the mis communication

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Any dyno results for the power that was applied after installing?

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Any dyno sheet to back this up, its 200 more
Lmao

1 - 14 of 14 Posts