Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Lorraine's driver
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hood recently got clobbered by a rock. I’m really careful who I follow and how close I am if I must follow someone, but **** happens lol.

IMG_0162.jpg

This sucker is deep and pretty large in diameter as far as chips go. Generally, I use DrColorChip, but another azure blue Mach owner suggested Kustom Canz off eBay, based on using it earlier this year. He said it matched perfectly, and the photo he showed me looked great, so I bought some. Should have it with in a week. It was right around $34 including shipping and tax for a 12oz can.

IMG_0163.jpg

He said he sprayed some in the cap and dabbed it in place in layers. We’ll see how it goes. It’s hard to get azure blue to match exactly. I wish this was in a more inconspicuous place.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Paintscratch.com They do factory color code blends too. Whole kit with spray and prep stuff is like $50.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I suck with paint touch ups , this spring I just took mine in and had them re paint my front bumper cover and hood ,they were like chip hell , looks great now though : )

·
Lorraine's driver
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suck with paint touch ups , this spring I just took mine in and had them re paint my front bumper cover and hood ,they were like chip hell , looks great now though : )
I'm certainly getting to that point myself. I've worked on my paint so much that I really can't do anymore polishing to fix future scratches etc. There's just not enough clearcoat left lol. I've actually been thinking about getting the carbon fiber Mach 1 hood from Carbon Driven and either doing a black wrap on the roof.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Same here and it is CHEAP in Europe. Plus I'm friends with one of the guys who works at a paint shop in Rota and the car club I belong to they know EVERYONE around here. Current exchange rate right now I'm looking at like $1400 for a full re-spray including prep and removing/reinstalling trim. That's mind blowing compared to USA prices. And I've seen his work too... he's got a silver BMW with blue metal flakes in it that he did himself and the thing looks SICK. Gonna go that route when I get the Stang done probably in 2021.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same here and it is CHEAP in Europe. Plus I'm friends with one of the guys who works at a paint shop in Rota and the car club I belong to they know EVERYONE around here. Current exchange rate right now I'm looking at like $1400 for a full re-spray including prep and removing/reinstalling trim. That's mind blowing compared to USA prices. And I've seen his work too... he's got a silver BMW with blue metal flakes in it that he did himself and the thing looks SICK. Gonna go that route when I get the Stang done probably in 2021.

That is a great price. The car guys know what’s up out there. Sounds like they help each other out rather than just trying to make a ton of money lol.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
True story... everything is great out here. Awesome ppl, prices are very cheap here, right on the beach, weather is AMAZING, women are like...seriously most beautiful I've ever seen and tons of places to go and see. And the rest of europe is a 1-2 hour flight away and flights are cheap. Just found out I can extend to 2026 and retire from the military here. Going to do it and I probably am going to expatriate tbth... its THAT nice here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts