·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is a gt since you all are ford fans

another pic of the gt

and yet another

Red bull indy car, looks awesome in real life

The best setup of all the cars were probably the lamborghinis. You could tell all the precision that goes into the cars just by looking at them and they looked spectacular all set up there.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Everyone knows I love the German cars. Here is a concept, non production, hyrdogen car by bmw. I believe it's a 760 that can reach 180-200m.p.h.

Here is an e46 m3

Ferrari F-430

Ferrari engine

A dark picture of a silver ferrari

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
More!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here's a pic of a new nsx

Porsche gt2 one of my favorite cars there, I plan on owning one someday, haha

I'd love to race one of these around

Here is an rx-8, it's a bit too flashy for my tastes but the rx-8's are supposed to be really fun to drive and I'd love to have one on the side

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excuse the poor quality of some of the pictures, it was kinda too dark for a camera sometimes, and it was difficult to get good shots with all the people and stuff there.
The hands down coolest cars there are right here

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe this was some type of shelby but just a concept, not real

This one deserves some attention. This is a Mercedes SLR-Mclaren. Twin turbo v-12 engine that does the 1/4 mile stock in the 11 second range and a pretty hefty top speed too. I believe it was 180 give or take.

This picture would have been better from the front but I took what I got then ran out of space on the camera. I know some people here are anti-chevy but this is a stripped out c-6 corvette so that you can see all the good stuff. And if anyone can't appreciate a corvette, you're too biased for your opinion to matter.

This is a GTO race car, it would have been better if you could see the inside but again, I took what I got then the camera ran out of space. Also some pics didn't come out too well cause it was too dark.

Here is a pretty cool wrx sti, I don't know if it's petter solbergs but it looked awesome inside and out and it has dirt tires on it so i'd imagine it's complete rally setup under the hood and as far as suspension goes.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
01mineralgrey6 said:
^S7's :leghump1:
Yep, s7's. I believe this is one of two cars that created enough downforce that at certain speeds it will hold itself to the ceiling. That would be awesome just to see even in a test. If I actually saw it in real life conditions I'd just think the person was ridiculous, I wouldn't risk ruining that.

I also got a look at the new cobalts (among other cars I sat in and fiddled with) and I must say I was pretty disappointed. All this stuff I hear about it being the Corvettes little brother, I would be glad to race one, haha. I believe it said slightly over 200 hp on a car that weighed quite a bit and to tell you the truth it kinda felt like a focus on the inside. I was just not impressed.

The new porsches I sat in however, felt superb! I only wish I could have taken them for a test drive!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cjd10 said:
yes post pics please and thanks red hearing :thumbs2:
no problem, you really have to see the cars in real life though to get a full appreciation. If anyone lives even remotely close to the L.A. Auto show I'd recommend going, it's only 10 bucks.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
timpryor said:
was that the new s7 Twin Turbo or just the old S7?
to tell you the truth I can't recall and I don't know enough about s7's to know from the looks of other things. You'd have to find a pic of the new and a pic of the old and compare them to my pics

·
Registered
676 Posts
red herring said:
to tell you the truth I can't recall and I don't know enough about s7's to know from the looks of other things. You'd have to find a pic of the new and a pic of the old and compare them to my pics
they look the same, I believe but the S7TT isn't even out for public sale. The only differnce is the Twin Turbo badge on the rear, I think

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I can't stand the NSX's...my friend's dad has one, just doesn't impress me at all for the price you pay. Sure it has a shock effect but feels like a very underpowered car when you get on it...

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
red herring said:
I believe this was some type of shelby but just a concept, not real
2007 Ford GR-1

Ford needs to build another car on the GT's expensive architecture to offset costs. The Shelby GR-1 would be a perfect successor once the GT goes out of production in 2007. The GR-1 Concept is built from a modified version of the GT's platform. However, instead of a midengine supercharged V8, there's a normally aspirated 6.4-liter V10 with 605 hp riding up front. That should be more than enough for a production GR-1 to run an 11-second quarter-mile and blow right past the magic 200-mph mark.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts