Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Standard 255/40R-19 Pirelli PZero max performance, 285/35R-19 Pirelli PZero max
performance; 19 x 9-in., 19 x 9.5-in. wide-spoke painted aluminum wheels,
standard tire mobility kit

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

that's the tech specs from ford

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He's not going up his secrets :p
Lol, i live in miami where we are surrounded by three major tracks, i also go to most car show and send them professional pictures and videos of my car (thanks to ozzy).
If they see you will help the name of the company grow they will put you under their wing.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sorry for this super late response, but I'm certain that the Laguna Seca's are shod with Pirelli PZero Corsa tires in 255/40ZR19's up front and 285/35ZR19's out back... the regular Boss 302's have 255/40ZR19 100Y in the front and 285/35ZR19 (103Y) in the rear.

The only tires I see that meets similar specs for the 19x10 rear wheels are Pirelli PZeros, Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's, and Kumho Ecsta LE Sports.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Sorry for this super late response, but I'm certain that the Laguna Seca's are shod with Pirelli PZero Corsa tires in 255/40ZR19's up front and 285/35ZR19's out back... the regular Boss 302's have 255/40ZR19 100Y in the front and 285/35ZR19 (103Y) in the rear.

The only tires I see that meets similar specs for the 19x10 rear wheels are Pirelli PZeros, Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's, and Kumho Ecsta LE Sports.
Two of those three are horrible tires

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
The goodyears and the kumhos
I could have guessed... was about to order the Asymmetric 2's next week. Very little reviews/feedback on these tires. Wanted Pilot Super Sports, but not available in that rear tire size/spec(would have gone with this if I was staying on the OEM Brembo wheels). Pirelli PZeros it is...

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
I could have guessed... was about to order the Asymmetric 2's next week. Very little reviews/feedback on these tires. Wanted Pilot Super Sports, but not available in that rear tire size/spec(would have gone with this if I was staying on the OEM Brembo wheels). Pirelli PZeros it is...
The rear tires don't really need to be rates over 97w, you don't need a 103, that's an XL (extra load) tire. Get the super sports. Those pirellis aren't great either

·
Registered
92 Posts
The rear tires don't really need to be rates over 97w, you don't need a 103, that's an XL (extra load) tire. Get the super sports. Those pirellis aren't great either
You may be right, but I wondered why Ford chose 103 XL over the 99 SL(standard load)... more manufacturers have 285/35R19's in 99Y SL. Could there be a reason?

I do not see Pilot Super Sports in 285/35R19, offered at all...

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
You may be right, but I wondered why Ford chose 103 XL over the 99 SL(standard load)... more manufacturers have 285/35R19's in 99Y SL. Could there be a reason?

I do not see Pilot Super Sports in 285/35R19, offered at all...
Ford probably went with Pirelli because it met traction requirements at the best price. I'd guarantee it has nothing to do with load rating. Sucks about the Michelin, they'd be awesome. Look into bfg sort comp 2 or nitto nt05

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ford probably went with Pirelli because it met traction requirements at the best price. I'd guarantee it has nothing to do with load rating. Sucks about the Michelin, they'd be awesome. Look into bfg sort comp 2 or nitto nt05
Thanks for all the help. The most cost-effective way for me to go would be the Michelin Pilot Super Sport rubber on the OEM Brembo Brake Package wheels... which I do like those stock wheels. I wanted to put winter or all-season rubber to the OEM wheels and get a staggered set with summer only tires. I need to figure it out before next week.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts