Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
still taken by webcam, but not that blurry... which is amazing. They aren't small either. As they were taken with a laptop, I can hardly see the image before it's taken.... please excuse the half naked boy in the back ground, that is my younger brother. I guess 9 pictures should do it. You can see my temporary dual exhaust. They were supposed to have the tips today for it, but they didn't. Now I'm busy until not this Saturday, or next Saturday, but the Saturday AFTER those two, I can get it done. I'm also getting a custom h-pipe put in. It's only costing $30 for the h. So yeah, 100% custom exhaust. Then, all I have to do is get my new CAI system installed. That'll take all of two hours. Then, cruise time.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sweet Ride

Love the flames! :good:

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they're being painted supposedly. I guess I just hit the bottom of the waiting list as he got in a Durango, and he's working on that.... I guess friends have to wait. I still have to find some plastic gutter screen so I can put something in the 'gills' that looks nice, and can be bonded to the 'plastic' of the side scoop.... and yeah, painted accordingly. How hard is it to paint them? He had 10 days before he got the Durango, wonder what he's doing in his shop.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Maybe he is waiting for you to bring him that screen ;).

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no, he has to paint them first.... otherwise he'd have to tape off the screen, and that's kinda pointless. We'll just have him paint it, and then scuff up the area I want to bond to, and all will be good..... no one's going to see it, it's on the backside of the scoop. If he did have them painted, he would've told me already

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Shouldn't take more than a couple hours to paint them. I dunno why it would take so long.

Flames look very nice. I like them.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
prep time, he said they'd take forever to prep...

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
I don't think it would take more than 10 days. We had my whole house painted in < time than that... Not that that is a very good comparison, but oh well.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no one's noticed the non-matching rim on the front passenger side ;)

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just think he wants to be done with my car, which is saddening to me, because it's the nicest car he's had in his shop to date

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no.... it isn't... the rim is actually different. You can't tell from the picture, but the sides of those spokes have a bevel in them, and mine don't... plus, the center cap is a different SIZE than my center caps, which means DIFFERENT rim, lol

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah, they are now the centerpeice to my car I guess. He was talking about re-doing them... with a more expensive job. This one I might actually have to pay for :(... he's talking a $4000 paint job... for flames. Cameleon paint... layed flames... wrapped all the way to the rear quarter panel.... I was like :O :O :O, how much is this going to cost me? lol, I think he wants $1000 for it.... I asked him how much it would cost in paint, he didn't want to reply.... wonder why. I'm assuming he'd be getting quite a bit for labor, and it would be very labor intensive, but I don't want to put $1000 into flames right now... this job is supposedly worth $1200

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
trust me, I know this... I was going to purchase a set, but I decided $1000 for new rims and tires could go a lot further for engine mods next year.... ported heads.... looking at rpm-mustang ;)... hey you guys :p... how's it goin'?.... yeah, keep that in mind, 9 months to go. Then, ported intake... cam... 8.8'' rear end, trak-lok, 3.73 gears (and yeah, I have an automatic, but 3.73 won't kill me with all my highway driving).... and a shift kit... should run me near $1000.... depending on cost of install and how much I get parts for... maybe like $1500, who knows, it's all good stuff though.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts