Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the track at the end of the summer and got a great 1/4 mile time, 12.791. I'm def satisfied with that considering all I have is a ford racing pro cal tune and and axel back exhaust. I went to the track a few nights ago, obviously it was much colder and got a disappointing time, 13.450. I know that I'm getting a bad launch because I'm skidding during the launch. I put the car in sport mode and if the wheels aren't slipping the traction control is intervening on a limited level and reducing my power. If I turn the traction control completely off m rear end is all over the place. Can anybody help give me advice on how the get a much better launch with better traction so I can go back to running a 1/4 mile in under 13 seconds? Thanks

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
JJB82 said:
I went to the track at the end of the summer and got a great 1/4 mile time, 12.791. I'm def satisfied with that considering all I have is a ford racing pro cal tune and and axel back exhaust. I went to the track a few nights ago, obviously it was much colder and got a disappointing time, 13.450. I know that I'm getting a bad launch because I'm skidding during the launch. I put the car in sport mode and if the wheels aren't slipping the traction control is intervening on a limited level and reducing my power. If I turn the traction control completely off m rear end is all over the place. Can anybody help give me advice on how the get a much better launch with better traction so I can go back to running a 1/4 mile in under 13 seconds? Thanks
Drag radials. Mid to high 12's are about the best a near stock 2011+ can do without better tires. Slip and slide brother!!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Slip it and ease into the gas. I'm bone stock and the first time at the track I managed a 12.9 on summer tires and that was playing with the launch. I wasn't even dialed in yet. With a tune you should be faster than 12.7.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BUSHGUTS said:
Slip it and ease into the gas. I'm bone stock and the first time at the track I managed a 12.9 on summer tires and that was playing with the launch. I wasn't even dialed in yet. With a tune you should be faster than 12.7.
I'll try and go lighter on the gas. Once the car hooks ill stand on it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts