Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I was at the track this weekend and went against this 2012 v6 camaro a couple times and could not beat him but I've seen 4.0s beat em before! But I was spinning til like 55mph! How can I launch my car better? It's an auto

·
Registered
274 Posts
these other 4.0 modded at all (gears, tunes, can)? and launching on an auto aint hard just gotta get the timing mostly and floor it. idk if traction on/off makes a difference some ppl say it does and ive also heard not so much

·
Registered
607 Posts
Ok so I was at the track this weekend and went against this 2012 v6 camaro a couple times and could not beat him but I've seen 4.0s beat em before! But I was spinning til like 55mph! How can I launch my car better? It's an auto
Did you have oil on the tires because there is no way a 4.0 is spinning all the way to 55. Maybe if it was forced induction. The only time my car squeals the tires is a small chirp from 2nd to 3rd. Also there is no way you'll beat a new camaro unless the other guy is a useless driver.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Did you have oil on the tires because there is no way a 4.0 is spinning all the way to 55. Maybe if it was forced induction. The only time my car squeals the tires is a small chirp from 2nd to 3rd. Also there is no way you'll beat a new camaro unless the other guy is a useless driver.
Yep the new camaros are faster than the 4.0s unless he messed up shifting against the other 4.0 that u speak of so in that case it would be him being a useless driver

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Were those other 4.0s modded at all? Cause i think 210hp/240tq against 323hp/279tq wouldn't favor the 4.0 at all. How are your tires? Ive never really heard of a 4.0 spinning tires that much, especially as an auto its harder to spin tires.... Theres a ton of different variables coming into play right now.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

I know JimC's old 4.0 could probably beat it, but his was XCharged.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Were those other 4.0s modded at all? Cause i think 210hp/240tq against 323hp/279tq wouldn't favor the 4.0 at all. How are your tires? Ive never really heard of a 4.0 spinning tires that much, especially as an auto its harder to spin tires.... Theres a ton of different variables coming into play right now.
I just thought of something. Was it extremely cold when you went? Because the cold ruins your traction

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
i'm assuming you're using stockish tires, lower your pressure some for better traction off the launch, street tires generally 24-26psi is good range

also most street tires produce oils when they get too hot so you don't burn them you just spin them over a little to clean them off, others like the nitto 555's like a little heat to them, mine loved a 5 second burn and 24psi, cut a 1.96 60'

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Ive gone against and beaten a buddies 2011 v6 Camaro in my 2000 v6. All just luck of the draw and power to weight. All ive got are very basic bolt ons and a bama tune at that time.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
can you post the slips OP? this might help us help you figure out what happened with your spinning

·
Registered
488 Posts
Upgrade your suspension get a LSD from am control arms 4:10 gears etc it will put more power to ur tires an give u alot faster launch all that's less then 1000$ on am an I'm sure you could find some of it cheaper else where

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I'm not stock so maybe cause I've got more power. Got Pypes mid muffler catback, Pypes shorty headers, accel coil pack, and sr throttle body spacer. And I've got Pirelli zr18 zero nero tires and yeah it was probably 45 degrees out

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Yeah I'm not stock so maybe cause I've got more power. Got Pypes mid muffler catback, Pypes shorty headers, accel coil pack, and sr throttle body spacer. And I've got Pirelli zr18 zero nero tires and yeah it was probably 45 degrees out
Those don't yield near enough power to do that.. I'm gonna assume you didn't clean tires and just laid into it without feathering to keep it hooked

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Drop tire pressure some next time, and a posi would do wonders

1 - 15 of 15 Posts