Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LCAs are shot, looked under Jet and saw bushings are the problem, should i just order a whole new set of LCAs or just bushings? Which is harder to install? and could any of you walk me through it? haven't had much experience with suspension yet, and i do have access to lift and whole shop of tools.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Never done it. Can't say.

Just wanted to pop in here and offer you my moral support. Sorry to hear your 'Stang is coming up lame. The good news is, unlike a real mustang, yours can be fixed and won't need to be shot.

·
Registered
787 Posts
LCAs are shot, looked under Jet and saw bushings are the problem, should i just order a whole new set of LCAs or just bushings? Which is harder to install? and could any of you walk me through it? haven't had much experience with suspension yet, and i do have access to lift and whole shop of tools.

Thanks guys!
Hey jet.. Well its totally up to you.and.budget really. You can do both. If your looking to improving then new aftermarket would be the way to go. If just looking to replace and fix then you can go with just bushings

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never done it. Can't say.

Just wanted to pop in here and offer you my moral support. Sorry to hear your 'Stang is coming up lame. The good news is, unlike a real mustang, yours can be fixed and won't need to be shot.
Thanks much appreciated <3 ahahahahahaha that's awesome, and thank God, 10k is not worth shooting! :(

Hey jet.. Well its totally up to you.and.budget really. You can do both. If your looking to improving then new aftermarket would be the way to go. If just looking to replace and fix then you can go with just bushings
Bushings were cheaper, in college and can't splurge, that's why I do all the work. Thing is do you need any specialty tools to remove/ install the bushings? Asked mech (normally on my own but really don't know this area so well as I should) said you'll need a special machine to push everything in and I was all what.

Little confused on install.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Not necessarily .. What your is your??? There's always ways of getting around special tools specialy if you have a lift

·
Registered
218 Posts
You only need to press the bushings into the rearend housing itself for the upper control arms. The bushings for the arms themselves just slide in. And changing the whole arm is really easy. Put jack stands under the rear and use a jack to lower the control arm down with the spring. Swap em and bolt them back up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts