Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looked like it was running down passenger side of tranny and dripping, slowly.

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

I'm just trying to get advice/ideas before I start.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I looked under my car and noticed fluid down the passenger side of tranny. Looks like around shifter. Is it just a gasket? Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.
Hmm a/c might be dripping condensation on to the tranny. Have you like smelled it or touched to see what color it was. If its tranny fluid I think it's mostly reddish. If its a/c it'll be like water or even dirty water.. When I first red this I thought of the accumulator because that gets condensation all over it and drips water sometimes ik because at the track I don't likey people with their a/c on cause it drops water on track making me lose traction with my slicks lol just check it with your finger when I drops on the ground or test it if it leaks with the car off and if not does it start to leak with the a/c on?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
K I just went out and jacked it up. I assume shifter gasket. I could only see back and passenger side of shifter but its soaked. I see blue rtv.

So not so bad, I want short throw anyway. But it had me scared.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
K I just went out and jacked it up. I assume shifter gasket. I could only see back and passenger side of shifter but its soaked. I see blue rtv.

So not so bad, I want short throw anyway. But it had me scared.
Yea mine did the same when I used rtv sealant to seal the shifter to trans, I got the gasket and now all good

1 - 13 of 13 Posts