Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok...so i decided to drop in a friend's old 3.8, w/ 52k miles but the only problem is it has a slight head gasket leak.

what should i do? assuming i wanted to rebolt my blower up to it, would it be safe?

·
Banned
9,738 Posts
IF its leaking now it will blow sooner or later... sooner if you put the blower on it.

Take the engine back out and rebuild it. Don't just throw something in there. I would take your time and do things right if I were you.

What year is the engine out of? Single or Splitport?

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's out of another '99. the head gasket prob is the recall thing that ford had for '99/00.

·
Banned
9,738 Posts
If its leaking it will blow soon. Then you will have more problems on your hand. I would take it back out and rebuild it. 4.2l crankshaft, forged pistons and rods and everything else you will need?

Did you email http://rpm-mustangs.com yet? They can ship you a complete shortblock 4.2l Stroker

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm gonna email him after i talk to my performance guy. he's gonna give it a good look over and see what he can do, and ideally he'll put the stroker in.

the supercharger would bolt back right on top of that, rite?

·
Banned
9,738 Posts
tedness said:
i'm gonna email him after i talk to my performance guy. he's gonna give it a good look over and see what he can do, and ideally he'll put the stroker in.

the supercharger would bolt back right on top of that, rite?
Don't see why it wouldnt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts