Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... I just bought my 02 GT about a year ago and I love it!!! I haven't done anything to it yet but I have plans. I am new to the mustang world and will be leaning on you guys for help in the coming months. The hold up right now is my d*** leaky intake. I smoked it at my shop and it looks like it is just leaking from the gaskets. The intake itself doesn't always appear to be cracked. It is the updated intake with aluminum crossover. I plan on getting a new intake eventually but the funds aren't there for Edelbrock or anything like that. Do you think I can get away with replacing just the gaskets for now? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Mine had the same thing happen but the gaskets are kinda built in to the intake on ours
Atleast where it was leaking by the crossover I also had a new one with the improved crossover
When I get home ill take a picture of my old Intake and show what I mean a little better

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine had the same thing happen but the gaskets are kinda built in to the intake on ours
Atleast where it was leaking by the crossover I also had a new one with the improved crossover
When I get home ill take a picture of my old Intake and show what I mean a little better
Yeah, I knew that. We've changed 2 intakes on GT's at my shop. They make a gasket set for the redesign. 8 o-rings, 2 water galley gaskets and a tstat gasket...

I just don't want to spend 175 on a new intake if I don't have to. I'd rather put that money towards an upgraded intake.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Trmahnd725 said:
Yeah, I knew that. We've changed 2 intakes on GT's at my shop. They make a gasket set for the redesign. 8 o-rings, 2 water galley gaskets and a tstat gasket...

I just don't want to spend 175 on a new intake if I don't have to. I'd rather put that money towards an upgraded intake.
I think it may come down to how bad yours is leaking
Mine was just gushing out liquid and needed to be replaced

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The stock PI intake manifold uses two "one-piece" gasket assemblies, one for each bank as shown below:

stock gaskets:

FelPro replacements:

Most aftermarket manifolds are made by Dorman (and are crap, often sold under other brand names--NAPA for instance sells it under their brand) and use separate formed gaskets retained by grooves moulded into the manifold flanges:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Fel pro gaskets and a frpp intake is what I used when I redid mine no problems yet!
Gaskets fit and sealed perfectly

·
Registered
201 Posts
Trmahnd725 said:
Frpp? (New to the forums and the lingo)
Frpp: ford racing performance parts
Its Just the normal ford replacement intake that you see on am or summit or such places
Not the dorman as mentioned above

1 - 9 of 9 Posts