Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there i have a 92 lx converted back to carburator,i have afr 1442 outlaw heads,when i turn my car past 5000 rpm the valve pan cover bolts are coming loose and oil is splatting all over my engine,i have tried tread locker on the bolts but it didnt work,i am thinking of replacing the bolts with studs.can anyone suggest something?

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
If you have to, put lock washers under the head of your bolts. They will keep them from backing out. They also make a product called thread tight (not sure on the spelling) that I would use too. Between both of them, if it still splatters, they very well could be warped.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I take out the bolts and clean the treads,will the old tread locker go down in my heads?if so what would I use to flush my engine before changing the oil ?

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Take your time removing them. Hopefully nothing that drastic will happen. If so, you can always replace the drain plug, strain the old oil until you know it's perfectly degree free and pour it back through. You can do the same thing a few times until it comes out clean and then make sure you change your filter. Should be good to go.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
When u pull the bolts the cover will still be on. I wouldn't sweat it. If you are gonna try to clean the holes out with the cover off then just lay some rats over the valve train.
Fo sho!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts