Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im excited and nervous that I'm gonna teach my wife how to drive our cobra that I've only had 6 weeks!! I'm hoping for the best and prepared to order a clutch!! Lol

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
good luck make sure she can crawl before she walks and make sure she can walk before she runs and after that stop her on a steep hill and let her sweat it out ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Oh wow lol! Just make sure she doesn't ride the clutch. That was one of the first things my cousin crammed into my head when he first taught me. Drove his Mazda 3 for two days, and then bought my stang a week later.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Oh wow lol! Just make sure she doesn't ride the clutch. That was one of the first things my cousin crammed into my head when he first taught me. Drove his Mazda 3 for two days, and then bought my stang a week later.
haven't looked back since have you??

·
Registered
673 Posts
I bought my first clutch back at the beginning of June. I had watched friends struggle with different aspects through their learning and just hopped in and went. The first day I didn't stall it once and through that first week stalled it 4 times. Haven't done it since. It is now second nature to me. I am also the quickest learner I've ever met and teach myself things extremely well, so have that going for me.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Had a friends mom get a BMW 3 Series coupe 6 speed, stalled it once when he was learning and took him about 5 days to get it down, now he can drive it and shift quickly through the gears when he floors it, it took him a total of a few weeks to get there. I have yet to learn myself tho :(

·
Registered
160 Posts
haven't looked back since have you??
Haha! Yeah, you could say that :) Now every time I get into an auto, my hand always goes to the shifter...or so I thought it was the shifter, because it turns out that I'm putting the car in drive, not in first lol!

I just want her to learn to start, stop and backup.. The rest is easy..
Hopefully she won't find herself rolling down any hills, but if she learns to get into gear quick enough, then she should be fine :)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Dcobra31 said:
Haha! Yeah, you could say that :) Now every time I get into an auto, my hand always goes to the shifter...or so I thought it was the shifter, because it turns out that I'm putting the car in drive, not in first lol!

Hopefully she won't find herself rolling down any hills, but if she learns to get into gear quick enough, then she should be fine :)
Yes that happens to me regularly and I have to drive my truck out to where I live next week so I am sure I will be doing it pretty regularly then.

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Redlineroller said:
The starting on a hill will prolly be the biggest challenge for her.
It's the biggest challenge for everyone. Thankfully u don't live in Seattle.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Redlineroller said:
The starting on a hill will prolly be the biggest challenge for her.
+1 when I first learned a couple of years ago my dad took me to some steep ass hills, he was like if you can handle this you can handle anything! I was like there is no way at first lol but I got it down after about 5 times and from then on I never had trouble...it's honestly the best place to start IMO.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No doubt.. We live in the country and our driveway is kinda steep with gravel so the worst thing she can do is spin.. Lol

·
Registered
178 Posts
Redlineroller said:
No doubt.. We live in the country and our driveway is kinda steep with gravel so the worst thing she can do is spin.. Lol
Lol true! Hopefully she learns it pretty quick but like you said if not you get new parts either way lol so yeah it is a win win

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Prepare for rutts in the driveway.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts