Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can i find leather seats for my 98 convertible?!? My cloth seats are just pretty much shot and when it rains my seats always gets wet. Help?!?!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Where can i find leather seats for my 98 convertible?!? My cloth seats are just pretty much shot and when it rains my seats always gets wet. Help?!?!
Sounds to me like you have two issues there.
1. Find out where the leak is coming from and fix it first. Maybe weather stripping is worn/torn. You could use a garden hose to diagnose and then repair. You don't want to put new to you leather seats in your ride and then get wet.
2. Check out craigslist/ebay/local shops to find something in your price range. Also check out the for sale section of this site. Never know, something may pop up.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Check your local salvage yard. If you have deep pockets, try eBay. Shipping may kill you, though

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds to me like you have two issues there.
1. Find out where the leak is coming from and fix it first. Maybe weather stripping is worn/torn. You could use a garden hose to diagnose and then repair. You don't want to put new to you leather seats in your ride and then get wet.
2. Check out craigslist/ebay/local shops to find something in your price range. Also check out the for sale section of this site. Never know, something may pop up.
Of course im going to fix it lol its a convertible so i dont think it will be that bad to fix.. And ebays too expensive craigslists doesnt have anything in my area, and i want to go check out the local shops tomarrow but i gotta talk my dad into it first.. And i havnt tried the forsale section yet...

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Check your local salvage yard. If you have deep pockets, try eBay. Shipping may kill you, though
Im only 15... So no deep pockets here lol and my junk yard here doesnt have **** for mustangs we have 1 94 mustang and the interior is cloth and its beat all to hell....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Of course im going to fix it lol its a convertible so i dont think it will be that bad to fix.. And ebays too expensive craigslists doesnt have anything in my area, and i want to go check out the local shops tomarrow but i gotta talk my dad into it first.. And i havnt tried the forsale section yet...

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------
Good stuff. Hope it's an easy fix for you and you find something soon.

·
Registered
640 Posts

Im only 15... So no deep pockets here lol and my junk yard here doesnt have **** for mustangs we have 1 94 mustang and the interior is cloth and its beat all to hell....
I know how you feel, being 16 myself. I agree with 06gt though. Try the for sale section. You never know what may pop up. But you so know you can use any seats from a 94-98 mustang, right?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know how you feel, being 16 myself. I agree with 06gt though. Try the for sale section. You never know what may pop up. But you so know you can use any seats from a 94-98 mustang, right?
Yep and cant you also use the seats from a 99-04 or are those different?!?!

·
Registered
640 Posts
They're different. I believe you need different brackets. I'm not entirely sure though, so don't take my complete word on it. Maybe someone else will chime in

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes u can they are the same all around or for around 250 u can get universal racing seats on eBay including shipping but for real leather they are about 500 but I bolt them to your stock brackets and you are good to go

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes u can they are the same all around or for around 250 u can get universal racing seats on eBay including shipping but for real leather they are about 500 but I bolt them to your stock brackets and you are good to go
Racing seats?!?! Hmmm never thought about those.... Are the conferysble and can i use my stock seat belt or do i have to install a harness?!

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is similar to the ones I had in my mustang, I thought they were comfortable and looked good, but I used a seatbelt like normal I didn't run them in the center section

Automotive design Vehicle Car Car seat City car

·
Registered
23 Posts
These are $247 free shipping just go on ebay and type in universal racing seat, they have different styles colors and fabrics

1 - 20 of 45 Posts