Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace back up lights with LED bulbs would like to find some good ones that are cheaper than the ones AM has.

Tried to replace interior dome light with led but when installed they would not turn of instead would burn bright or very faint and it gave a security system malfunction warning any ideas what going on.

Do far no problems with the led I installed in trunk light and licens plate

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
hmmmm...got the 9 led bulbs off ebay for my dome light...work as they should...no issues. check eBay as well for your back up lights

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
get only from american LED companies...the japanese stuff is sketchy...
BTW...you didnt out blue lights in the back did you...or just brighter white...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
LED in tailights...? you mean back up lights right....
arent the 2010-12 LED's..? Like the 2013...

·
Registered
964 Posts
In person they look way better they have the HID look to them and they are pretty bright and they sent me two extra by accident . Which will be my back up :)

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Don't worry, that ugly license plate frame has been removed. Lol. Any I'm sorry but Raxiom tails look soooooo much better then stock 10-14 tails. Sorry, just had to say it lol.

Attachments

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
2nd pic is with oem on left and LED on right
They look good. When looking at the difference, they are much brighter but my problem with Led's is that their coverage isn't better then incandescent. It's harder to see the area Led illuminates over the incandescent. I had Cree LED's as backups on my F150. They were brighter but when looking through my backup camera on my truck, I could barely tell they were on.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Don't worry, that ugly license plate frame has been removed. Lol. Any I'm sorry but Raxiom tails look soooooo much better then stock 10-14 tails. Sorry, just had to say it lol.
Yeah, youre high.

They look good. When looking at the difference, they are much brighter but my problem with Led's is that their coverage isn't better then incandescent. It's harder to see the area Led illuminates over the incandescent. I had Cree LED's as backups on my F150. They were brighter but when looking through my backup camera on my truck, I could barely tell they were on.
Ok, so Im looking for SMD LEDs... 12v? Seeing a lot of 194 & 168...is that what I want? Do the map light, lp light & trunk light all use the same bulb?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah, youre high.

Ok, so Im looking for SMD LEDs... 12v? Seeing a lot of 194 & 168...is that what I want? Do the map light, lp light & trunk light all use the same bulb?
The trunk light is different from the dome lights!

It snaps in sideways, I forget the bulb time but it is am elongated bulb that snaps in.

The done lights look like a regular light bulb but they just push in.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
LOL...something I wont have to worry about..it is all LED in the back..and the green plate lights :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts