Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off, happy holidays guys and gals! I got the mustang reverse gauges for christmas, and I'm aware that these change the gauge cluster color, but I'm looking to also change the gear shifter lights as well as the AC lights to match. Has anyone does this? Know where to get the bulbs or leds to change them? Is it worth doing? Thanks! this is also on a 2004 v6.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
first off, happy holidays guys and gals! I got the mustang reverse gauges for christmas, and I'm aware that these change the gauge cluster color, but I'm looking to also change the gear shifter lights as well as the AC lights to match. Has anyone does this? Know where to get the bulbs or leds to change them? Is it worth doing? Thanks! this is also on a 2004 v6.
I know for the cluster you have to peel off the film then you can buy bulbs from superbrightleds.com

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
The HVAC uses 194 bulbs..you still gotta sand the film off for them unless you can get the green film slip out. Id assume.the same is true for the PRND21

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The HVAC uses 194 bulbs..you still gotta sand the film off for them unless you can get the green film slip out. Id assume.the same is true for the PRND21
you can't just slip the gauges over them? i got the reverse glow insert gauges. and they use 194 bulbs got it and you think it's the same for the gear shifter? i just want it all to match

·
Registered
125 Posts
Take a sick day off from work to complete my gauge a complete redo for under $50 needle paint from hipoparts.com $6.50 red, White facing gauge from brotherperformance $5.00 & Paint brush from michael arts & craft $5.50

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Take a sick day off from work to complete my gauge a complete redo for under $50 needle paint from hipoparts.com $6.50 red, White facing gauge from brotherperformance $5.00 & Paint brush from michael arts & craft $5.50
im thinking of just buying leds and replacing the bulbs in the gauge cluster and the hvac

·
Registered
295 Posts
I did my last night I put a vinyl sticker over the orange where it show what gear your in and then painted the light bulb red for now till I get led bulb
image-3417487439.jpg

image-2050198050.jpg

1 - 20 of 62 Posts