Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using these what bulb did u get and are they a big difference at night ?
I've found some on eBay that are cheap.just wondering if they would work.
Thanks

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was reading up on it and it's prolly gna require a resister to keep the LEDs from flashing crazy
Yea it will need the resistors . Not sure about the flashing but all my others have a light glow after the car is off . Has never made my batt go dead though . But it bothers some ppl

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
I have LEDs in my reverse lights and they light up entire houses now haha. I didn't use a resistor with them and don't have any flashing or "afterglow" issues. I think it's because the power to the reverse lights is completely cut off when the car is not in R. Here's a pic.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have LEDs in my reverse lights and they light up entire houses now haha. I didn't use a resistor with them and don't have any flashing or "afterglow" issues. I think it's because the power to the reverse lights is completely cut off when the car is not in R. Here's a pic.
Where did u get them?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Yea it will need the resistors . Not sure about the flashing but all my others have a light glow after the car is off . Has never made my batt go dead though . But it bothers some ppl
What do u mean by a glow? As in it looks like its on reverse even tho the car is off? Any pics?

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
I'm going to install license plate led lights and reverse LEDs in my car this weekend. I'll post pics. I bought them off AM

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I would check with your local State or County police before installing them. They might just be illegal and if someone hits you in the rear, you could be totally responsible for it.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would check with your local State or County police before installing them. They might just be illegal and if someone hits you in the rear, you could be totally responsible for it.
My tag lights are the same color as the Lexus

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Tag lights? If anything cops will love that so they can see your tag. I was pulled over awhile back for having a clear plate on mine. The stock lights and the natural lighting in the day produced a glare so he couldn't read my tag. So, led and plate less for me

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
What year Mustangs are you folks refering to? the 2011 taillights are mostly LED, with the exception of the reverse bulbs. Here are the bulb typs for the taillight housings from the 2011 owners manual:

Tail lamp, brake lamp, turn lamp (LED)
L1230R-3N and
L3230R-4CX

* High-mount stoplamp (LED) Non-replaceable LEDs

Backup lamp 912
License plate lamp C5WL

All replacement bulbs are clear in color except where noted.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts