Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got into a left turn accident the other day. Not at fault. She still drives good. No funny noises or anything out of the ordinary. Anyone have any estimates on the damages? Please tell me she isnt totaled. Night and day pics

Attachments

·
Registered
8,283 Posts
It doesn't look too bad from the pictures, but you never know if there is some sort of hidden expensive damage. If it still seems to drive ok, it probably won't be totaled.
I'm not really qualified to give estimates, but it seems like damage to the front is always upwards of three or four thousand dollars.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Bumper cover, hood, headlights, grill, passenger fender, possibly marker lights and core support. Add in paint and labor and you are right at $3500-$4000.

The car isn't totaled, but it will take a couple weeks to repair.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea im hoping she isnt totaled but you never know with these insurance companies.

Sent from my LG-K450 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Yea im hoping she isnt totaled but you never know with these insurance companies.

My dad owned an auto paint and body shop for 40 years. I grew up in the dust (and likely have lung disease because of it). That car is far from totaled.

If they total it, I would buy it back and replace everything with carbon fiber.

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

You're in GA. I will help you rebuild the car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now if they deem in totaled can i still keep the car without having to buy it back?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm.. Im having it appraised by mid week and hopefully their insurance will cover it. Now to buy it back will I pay what they deem my car worth?

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Hmm.. Im having it appraised by mid week and hopefully their insurance will cover it. Now to buy it back will I pay what they deem my car worth?

That is hard to say. Regardless, I am pretty sure that your car is repairable. It is not totalled unless there are things hidden that I can't see in the photos.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok. Thanks for the replies. Ill update when car is inspected.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Looking at the pictures, I don't think they will consider it totaled. If your airbags deployed, then they usually consider it totaled. Special on an older car like that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Still waiting to hear from the adjuster

1 - 20 of 38 Posts