Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm want to get some of the white halogen headlights for my car, but I cannot find California road-legal lights anywhere. Most sites I find them on don't list whether or not they are legal. Does any know the legal specifics and/or where I can get some new lights :?:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sylvania Silver Stars are 50 state legal from what i know...they are sorta pricey, cheapest i've seen was 29.00 each at Autozone.

i got the cheapo brand white lights from ebay for 9.99 lol they work just fine and who cares if they arent street legal :oops: ;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yea i have heard the silverstars are pretty good bulbs... I had the cool blues, but it got to the point where one was brighter than the other so i yanked em out. But they looked better/brighter than stock.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
as long as they are not as bright as a BMW or some high $$ car like that you should be fine. Most people dont care about the headlights. "but if they flash there high beams on then they are to bright for the street.." :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx. I appreciate it. Also, how hard are they to install/ where can I find a how to for it?

·
Registered
151 Posts
dude, its really easy, just look under your hood. I guarentee you can figgure it out ;)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I ahve Silver Stars. Autozones here sell them for 25 a piece, or 49.99 a set. I love them. And yes, sometimes I get flashed, but oh well. Out of the 6000 cars I've driven past, only 2 or 3 have flashed me.

I love the brightness :mrgreen: Not to mention it's a WHITE light, instead of a yellowish halogen

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try these bulbs

I have the projection lights in my 95 with the Street Glow high intensity high and low beam bulbs and they are around 100 watts each and they are brighter than HID bulbs. Street Glow makes a single bulb that fits the stock mustang headlamp and its just as bright and they only cost about 30 bucks for the set. Although they are illegal...no cop will ever pull you over, I've had mine for over 2 years and have had no trouble at all.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i wouldn't take the chance. I live in Tracy, CA and the cops pull you over for having your stereo on. It's ridiculous. Thanx for the help, now if I could just find some cash for my car. I have 3k in planned upgrades, but I really can't find the cash. My job is barely paying enough for expenses. I need to turn 18, all these kick butt jobs are open and I can't take them. I saw one today for a paper delivery man. It's from 3-5am each day. $75 a day, Mon-Fri. $150 a day on Sat. and $300 for Sunday. Just for two hours a day. I had a interview and everything and the guy couldn't hire me because of some stupid california law about minors. !!!! :oops:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I understand that, I got my car when I was 16 and im 19 now and every freakin penny i have has gone into my car. Ive put around 5gs into it now and Im still estimating around 15gs more. :oops:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts