Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my income tax return and i have about 1500 to waste. I hate the way that the rear end of the car looks like with the small spoiler that the car comes with so thats why I want the gt500 spoiler (my other choice was the RTR spoiler but I think I like this one better. I really need floor mats because dirty haha. And of course exhaust is a must. I am planning on purchasing the Borla Atak axle back for now. Let me know if you think I should make any changes.

Borla Mustang ATAK Axle-Back (2011-2013 GT) 11791 - Free Shipping!

Mustang GT500 Style Rear Spoiler - Pre-painted (10-13 All) - Free Shipping!

Weathertech Black Floor Liners (2010-2013 Mustang) 442761 - Free Shipping!

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can also get those floormats cheaper if you shop around. I have the same ones and i paid $99 shipped for them. I can't remember where i got them (amazon i think), but I've had them in all winter and really like them. Another option to consider for exhaust is the boss quad side pipes and the gt500 axle back. If you shop around those 2 items can probably be had for about $1000.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
You can also get those floormats cheaper if you shop around. I have the same ones and i paid $99 shipped for them. I can't remember where i got them (amazon i think), but I've had them in all winter and really like them. Another option to consider for exhaust is the boss quad side pipes and the gt500 axle back. If you shop around those 2 items can probably be had for about $1000.
Borla over the boss quad styled exhaust any day.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Borla over the boss quad styled exhaust any day.
Do you know if there is any way to get the Ataks in quad tip? If I am correct another member on here believe his name is "McQueen" has the s-types in quad exhaust and was wondering if that was possible in this model as well?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just checked it out and shipping is free!!! Do you experience with them in the past?
I think AM can price match. I'm pretty sure I saw that on their site. I would check with them if you want to go with someone you trust.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Do you know if there is any way to get the Ataks in quad tip? If I am correct another member on here believe his name is "McQueen" has the s-types in quad exhaust and was wondering if that was possible in this model as well?
I don't think so man. I think they only have that with the S-Types. I can tell you this, I love my S-Types and wouldn't trade them for anything. I meant to take a picture and put it up here, but the shop that did my alignment had a borla exhaust cut open to show how they are built. It is no wonder they cost what they do, there build quality is amazing.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think AM can price match. I'm pretty sure I saw that on their site. I would check with them if you want to go with someone you trust.
Yeah ill have to check that out. Ill call them tomorrow morning and ask them. I was reading reviews on Marylandspeed.com and alot of people were iffy about them. Thanks!! :D

·
The Blue Dragon
5,488 Posts
I don't think so man. I think they only have that with the S-Types. I can tell you this, I love my S-Types and wouldn't trade them for anything. I meant to take a picture and put it up here, but the shop that did my alignment had a borla exhaust cut open to show how they are built. It is no wonder they cost what they do, there build quality is amazing.
You did your own shocks and struts but you let a shop do you mufflers? That's backwards man lol

·
Registered
1,177 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just got off of the phone with both AM and borla. AM said that they don't offer that product but to give borla a call because they are always really open to making special orders. I then called borla and ask them and told them that another member on here had their s-types in a quad tip and they said that was not possible and went on to say that it isn't their product. So now I am all confused!! Because " McQueen" has them on his car!!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Just got off of the phone with both AM and borla. AM said that they don't offer that product but to give borla a call because they are always really open to making special orders. I then called borla and ask them and told them that another member on here had their s-types in a quad tip and they said that was not possible and went on to say that it isn't their product. So now I am all confused!! Because " McQueen" has them on his car!!
I called them a few months back when McQueen got his and they were kinda clueless. I figured out on my own that it was because I was asking about dual tip mufflers for a '13 GT instead of just a '13 GT500 muffler (b/c the 500s come with dual tips stock). Pretty sure they both have the same diameter pipe though. (I know they did in previous years because tons of people have 11-12 GT500 mufflers on their 11-12 GTs.) Ask McQueen if his just bolted right up. Pretty sure it does but you'd need a new valence or cut yours for the tips to fit.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I called them a few months back when McQueen got his and they were kinda clueless. I figured out on my own that it was because I was asking about dual tip mufflers for a '13 GT instead of just a '13 GT500 muffler (b/c the 500s come with dual tips stock). Pretty sure they both have the same diameter pipe though. (I know they did in previous years because tons of people have 11-12 GT500 mufflers on their 11-12 GTs.) Ask McQueen if his just bolted right up. Pretty sure it does but you'd need a new valence or cut yours for the tips to fit.
Sorry I forgot to include it but I asked them that question as well. And they said that the gt500 mufflers would not fit on a GT and that was why they made them for the specific models. They seemed bothered by my questions over at borla so I just decided not ask anymore questions. I figured it could just do it that way and I am aware of the valance but now I'm afraid of ordering the exhaust and not fitting

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Sorry I forgot to include it but I asked them that question as well. And they said that the gt500 mufflers would not fit on a GT and that was why they made them for the specific models. They seemed bothered by my questions over at borla so I just decided not ask anymore questions. I figured it could just do it that way and I am aware of the valance but now I'm afraid of ordering the exhaust and not fitting
They're probably looking at a spec sheet and dont realize its just b/c of the fascia, but time to get real answers b/c I plan on doing this at some point. PMing McQueen...

EDIT: PM sent

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They're probably looking at a spec sheet and dont realize its just b/c of the fascia, but time to get real answers b/c I plan on doing this at some point. PMing McQueen...

EDIT: PM sent
+100000000000

How did you PM McQueen I tried it a couple of days ago and I couldn't because his inbox had reached maximum capacity ??

1 - 20 of 51 Posts