Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I get my GT next Saturday, and I will have to keep it stored in the Garage:D , until my V6 is sold. I might try to keep the v6 and pay off the GT, but I think it will take too long, but anyways, the car will be sitting for a while, so I am going to mod it while it sits. And add some more appearence to it

1st. I am removing the Air Silencer
2nd. Wash and wax, then put on Bumper Inserts and blackouts
3rd. Adjust the timing
4th. Full Mac Exhaust:D

Im waiting to put the exhaust on, I want to do it all at once. I am doing full Mac Exhaust.
First LT Headers

Next, Mac Prochamber H-Pipe

Last, Mac Catback 3.5'' Tips I think it will sound really good

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
MAC on a GT will be damn loud. I would go with Magnaflow, Dynomax or Borlas. GT's have a natural deep growl that does not need artificial sound help you get with chambered or baffled mufflers. You will still be loud but not wake the dead.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Unless you wanna wake the dead however..then it'll be awesome.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
As you grow up waking the dead is not as cool as you think. Everyone seems to think making your street car super loud is cool but actually it is annoying as hell. Loud is OK. My car is currently louder than 95% of your cars. And I am considering how to reduce it some. At traffic lights my car rumble bounces off all the cars around me. In a parking deck you would think a 95 Cobra R was coming up the drive and it sets off alarms

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Waking the dead sounds like a good idea, I am going with the full Mac, the stock exhaust has a nice rumble and growl, a little more wont hurt:) Seting off car alarms would be sweet lol, I set off 4 with my old system, until it blew up. But I think it will be a good first few mods, because the exhaust manifolds really restrict the exhaust flow in the GTs

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
It's alot louder than mine...i'm all stock lol.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Black95GT said:
Waking the dead sounds like a good idea, I am going with the full Mac, the stock exhaust has a nice rumble and growl, a little more wont hurt:) Seting off car alarms would be sweet lol, I set off 4 with my old system, until it blew up. But I think it will be a good first few mods, because the exhaust manifolds really restrict the exhaust flow in the GTs
DAMN I think I actually encouraged this ARGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!:eek: :( :D

I agree the GT exhaust is restricted with the Exhaust manifolds getting longtube Headers is the bomb. Dont waste money on the shorties with a 5.0

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Corey its a 5.0 :)

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its all about be loud and getting attention, except from Cops. and Manifold and 4 cats on a h-pipe is bad....

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Give my dads friend a 12 pack, and have him do my dads car, and pass mine :)

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Some good inspections do except line the pockets of the criminal. That is why SC did away with inspections, but in the mob controlled commerce of the Northeast it is big money ripping people off !!!!

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Would I need any kind on MIL eliminators or anything, since I wont have Cats?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
You need to ask Rick but I remember him needing MIL's and he had a catted H pipe. You will need them for sure going with a O/R H pipe

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea our neighbors called the cops, because my dad was running the vette, and my friends was showing my dad the z28. So I am going to wake the dead as a little, Thank you for being ******* neighbors, hope you enjoy me coming home at 1am present. :)

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
i did that a little while ago, when i put the h pipe on and it didn't exactly reach the rest of the system:banghead: , I got home about 12:30-1am from a late movie, and id say within 10 mins of me getting home there was a z28 cop car creepin around the neighborhood.:rolleyes: It was fun being loud, i think the one day was enough for me though:)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts