Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lethal Performance - Midpipes - Exhaust - 2011-2013 Mustang V6 3.7L

I was just browsing around and stumbled on this. Enter TENOFF in the discount code at check out and receive 10% off on entire purchase.

Anyways I went ahead and ordered the h-pipe for myself as I have yet to start on my exhaust and this was $206.99 out the door after rebate.

Anyone on here with the h-pipe? I'm hoping for a deeper tone vs the raspy x-pipe.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
You will be removing your Cat's

What year is your car ? If A late model you will sure throw some codes without the Cat's.

I would do some research and ask some of our Forum members what would be involved to get your car's codes clear when you remove the converters.

I'm thinking your gonna need a tuner.:confused::confused:

This should be interesting.
Ronnie

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ronnie948 said:
What year is your car ? If A late model you will sure throw some codes without the Cat's.

I would do some research and ask some of our Forum members what would be involved to get your car's codes clear when you remove the converters.

I'm thinking your gonna need a tuner.:confused::confused:

This should be interesting.
Ronnie
It will throw a code bc of the cats but its a simple fix with a tuner. It want hurt anything to run it without a tune you will just have a check engine light as far as I know. Trust me I do quite a bit of research before I even think about modding my car.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Good

I kind of miss the old day's before the computer.

I'm glad you did your homework before taking the plunge. I think your car will sound pretty nice with the "H" pipe.

Ronnie

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Black on Black said:
Lethal Performance - Midpipes - Exhaust - 2011-2013 Mustang V6 3.7L

I was just browsing around and stumbled on this. Enter TENOFF in the discount code at check out and receive 10% off on entire purchase.

Anyways I went ahead and ordered the h-pipe for myself as I have yet to start on my exhaust and this was $206.99 out the door after rebate.

Anyone on here with the h-pipe? I'm hoping for a deeper tone vs the raspy x-pipe.
I had the uncatted H-Pipe myself before I did headers and everything and I had a Roush Axleback and it sounded awesome!

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Charlie_santos said:
I had the uncatted H-Pipe myself before I did headers and everything and I had a Roush Axleback and it sounded awesome!
That's good to know. I couldn't find any "good" vids on the h-pipe so I'm gonna do everyone a favor and make my own. :p but I think it will sound better than the x-pipe. I will find out and I will post up a link when I get it.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Black on Black said:
That's good to know. I couldn't find any "good" vids on the h-pipe so I'm gonna do everyone a favor and make my own. :p but I think it will sound better than the x-pipe. I will find out and I will post up a link when I get it.
It will if u want a deep sound not a rasp sound

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Charlie_santos said:
It will if u want a deep sound not a rasp sound
That's exactly why I went with the h and not the x. There really isn't enough performance difference between the two to make me go with the x.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Charlie_santos said:
Lol what sensors? Hahaha no catts no sensors
Umm... what? Do you know what oxygen sensors are or where they go? There are no sensors in the catalytic converters so by removing the cats you are not necessarily removing sensors. You will still have them and you will still be throwing CEL codes and you will still be causing damage without a tune

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
Umm... what? Do you know what oxygen sensors are or where they go? There are no sensors in the catalytic converters so by removing the cats you are not necessarily removing sensors. You will still have them and you will still be throwing CEL codes and you will still be causing damage without a tune
Does it really matter tho? If we go off road exhaust then we don't care about the O2 sensors and we just disable the codes.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Black on Black said:
It will throw a code bc of the cats but its a simple fix with a tuner. It want hurt anything to run it without a tune you will just have a check engine light as far as I know. Trust me I do quite a bit of research before I even think about modding my car.
This here is why it matters, it's not a big deal, I'm just trying to inform the OP that there is damage to be done. And if the sensors are damaged then they are damaged, there is no way to tune around a broken o2 sensor in the copperhead ecu. They must be working properly or cel will stay on and will cause running issues and get worse over time.

You cannot break something and just forget about it, even if there are no immediate repercussions over time something else will fail, be it an injector or the motor, only time will tell

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Charlie_santos said:
Does it really matter tho? If we go off road exhaust then we don't care about the O2 sensors and we just disable the codes.
I'm not saying to not do an offroad exhaust, I'm runnin and ORX on mine, just trying to help prevent damage and having to spend money on frivolous repairs :good:

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
I'm not saying to not do an offroad exhaust, I'm runnin and ORX on mine, just trying to help prevent damage and having to spend money on frivolous repairs :good:
Repairs on what tho? All we gotta do to pass a inspection is use a tune to disable the the O2 sensors they don't do the sniffer on our cars because they are too new so they don't bother as long as the ECU passes then no worries. I personally have BBK Long Tubes and. HighFlow Catted Xpipe. It's almost the same I lost 2HP adding the Cats

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Charlie_santos said:
Repairs on what tho? All we gotta do to pass a inspection is use a tune to disable the the O2 sensors they don't do the sniffer on our cars because they are too new so they don't bother as long as the ECU passes then no worries. I personally have BBK Long Tubes and. HighFlow Catted Xpipe. It's almost the same I lost 2HP adding the Cats
You didn't read my post above that one you quoted did you?

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
You didn't read my post above that one you quoted did you?
No sir I did not. You do have a point. I don't have to worry about that but a friend of mine just replaced the sensor with a piece of metal piping so his exhaust is all flush nothing in the way of airflow. I like my catted x pipe

1 - 20 of 194 Posts