Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my H-pipe in and this is all that came with it. Is this right? ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1438720831.722641.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Yup, just bolt the first section up to the headers, use the stock slip joints on the rear going to the catback, then lastly tighten those U-bands. Only tighten the U-band enough to seal the gap, you can actually crush the pipe by going beast mode on them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, just bolt the first section up to the headers, use the stock slip joints on the rear going to the catback, then lastly tighten those U-bands. Only tighten the U-band enough to seal the gap, you can actually crush the pipe by going beast mode on them.

So no welding? ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1438722032.685408.jpg

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured it out thanks guys. I just jammed it in and went in just fine lol

·
Registered
227 Posts
I figured it out thanks guys. I just jammed it in and went in just fine lol

Haha that's what I had to do! Be careful to face the flange part of the clamp up or it could scrap which is what happen to mine.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
So no welding? View attachment 188653

Welding is optional and shouldn't be necessary unless you have a poor connection(leaky) at the U-bands where Voltwings advised not to go overboard and crush the pipe.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Welding is optional and shouldn't be necessary unless you have a poor connection(leaky) at the U-bands where Voltwings advised not to go overboard and crush the pipe.
I over tightened mine and it scraped haha so too it to a muffler shop and had it welded and adjusted for $50 so it was cheap and ensures no leak

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I over tightened mine and it scraped haha so too it to a muffler shop and had it welded and adjusted for $50 so it was cheap and ensures no leak
Yeah $50 is not bad.
I had a case where "Midas Muffler outfit" quoted me a price of about $100-$110 to do a cut and clamp install for my MAX ProChamber mid pipe. When they did it the clamp connection provided with the mid pipe was so sloppy they recommended they weld it and I said OK.
To my surprise the total bill ended up being $85 because it took them less than an hour to do. So sometimes you get some good people to do you work.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do I put the u-bands exactly where they overlap? Or just over the outside to tighten them together a bit?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts