Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do u guys like it?? Do u regret not going with LT headers? How are the power gains??

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
well just to let you know you can get and or h pipe or x and long tube headers just have to get a shorty mid pipe if that is your question i dont have lts so i cant really tell you about the gain but i have heard alot of good things from guys on here

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well just to let you know you can get and or h pipe or x and long tube headers just have to get a shorty mid pipe if that is your question i dont have lts so i cant really tell you about the gain but i have heard alot of good things from guys on here
Actually I'm asking just about the off road pipe from lethal performance that fits to the stock headers. I'm wondering because its cheaper & I'm most likely gonna do turbo in the future & I hear with turbo u use the stock headers. So for the meanwhile I wanna know if getting an off road x/h pipe (which is $200) will keep me happy instead of getting lt headers with x pipe (which is $600)

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Actually I'm asking just about the off road pipe from lethal performance that fits to the stock headers. I'm wondering because its cheaper & I'm most likely gonna do turbo in the future & I hear with turbo u use the stock headers. So for the meanwhile I wanna know if getting an off road x/h pipe (which is $200) will keep me happy instead of getting lt headers with x pipe (which is $600)
Oooo alright and yea for a turbo set up your gonna want to run shorty headers your car has oem exhaust manifold so you might want to switch to shorty headers but I have never heard anything about lethal performance

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oooo alright and yea for a turbo set up your gonna want to run shorty headers your car has oem exhaust manifold so you might want to switch to shorty headers but I have never heard anything about lethal performance
Cool thanks for the info anyways.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
For now u should get ur cats removed. Why pay 200 if ur just keeping the stock basically just no cats? If u have emission inspections then yea get a mid pipe and that way u can swap it out whenever u feel like it. I wouldnt spend 200 on something u can do for free. Yes i said free because if u go to a muffler shop they will ask if u wanna keep ur cats afterwards or u can say ill give thm to the shop in exchange for the removal and welding of some piping in its place.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For now u should get ur cats removed. Why pay 200 if ur just keeping the stock basically just no cats? If u have emission inspections then yea get a mid pipe and that way u can swap it out whenever u feel like it. I wouldnt spend 200 on something u can do for free. Yes i said free because if u go to a muffler shop they will ask if u wanna keep ur cats afterwards or u can say ill give thm to the shop in exchange for the removal and welding of some piping in its place.
So that lethal mid pipe is the same as stock with the cars removed? The fact that it's a true x or h pipe wouldn't make a big difference?? Ima look into that bro!!! Good looking out!

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
So that lethal mid pipe is the same as stock with the cars removed? The fact that it's a true x or h pipe wouldn't make a big difference?? Ima look into that bro!!! Good looking out!
Honestly its basically the same. We have a hybrid X/H pipe which is optimal by ford with stock exhaust to be at its peak performance so if u simply wanted the free flowing of no cats then i would say to remove yours and thats it. So u dont waste 200 on something u couldve gotten free

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly its basically the same. We have a hybrid X/H pipe which is optimal by ford with stock exhaust to be at its peak performance so if u simply wanted the free flowing of no cats then i would say to remove yours and thats it. So u dont waste 200 on something u couldve gotten free
Would I need the cats back on when I go turbo?

·
Registered
803 Posts
I dont think the turbo kit comes with exhaust piping. I have herd (for the CFM kit at least) that you will need to source a GT cat back exhaust or have one made.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
U could do 2.5 or u could just do 3' like most of my buddies do with their turbo back exhaust. Im just saying what acouple of my buddies have. I personally dont have a turbo so i wouldnt know
So if I get the lethal performance one ill b good because its a 2.5 right?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts