Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What % tint are you running with, or how dark would you want to go? My parents got me tint for my birthday around a month ago, but being the law-abiding citizen that my dad is, he got me legal tint (MS) which is 30%. It's only dark when it's cloudy and raining, other than that I dont think it was worth paying the money for (at least the price they paid for).

Once I pass inspection, I'm thinking about getting 15% on the front windows and 5% on the rear (to make the front windows darker). I'm not too worried about visibility with the rear windshield since the autodim mirror already makes it look pitch black when someone is behind me and I got used to it, but I plan to disable the autodim somehow when I tint them 5% (unless the lack of light because of the tint makes it not enable). As much as I'd love to, I dont want to tint the front windows 5% because I still want to be able to see my side view mirrors and windows and I can work with that, I got used to it after my last car. I hear that 20% is decent for seeing out of at night, but not too sure about 15%. I guess I wouldnt mind 20%, but if I'm breaking the tint laws.. Might as well go as dark as I'm comfortable with.

I also think I should be able to get away with illegal tint (HOPEFULLY) since my car is registered and licensed in Mississippi but I'm residing in Louisiana until I graduate college here. I dont think LA cops have jurisdiction on something such as state-specific tint laws for vehicles not registered in the state. I'd probably only worry about it in Mississippi, but it's always hot when I go (especially in the summer) so my windows would probably be down.

If you wouldnt mind, please post some photos of your tint! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
Mines at 15, car was clean until I had to drive in the snow. But I can see fine didnt want 5 I had that in my f150 and couldnt see crap at night

ForumRunner_20130131_201407.png

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like it! Do you think 5% in the rear would make 15% look noticeably darker than if I just got 15% all around?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I went completely legal and legit, which is still pretty dark up here in Canada (BC to be exact) and that, coupled with my black paint and black interior makes the car seem plenty dark. I used to have a car which had limo tints (3%) on all my glass save the windscreen... and I got pulled over almost daily because of it. Don't want that hassle any more, now that I'm all grow'd up, but I don't really want to be all that visible inside either. I found a nice mix.

Personally, I'm not a fan of tints that are too dark. Why? Because the interior is an integral part of your car, particularly if you're a customizer... but when I see that pure black glass, it just turns my stomache. I think, "What are you hiding?" and "If you have a nice interior, why hide it?"

That's just me.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Legal limit of 35%. Enough to look nice, keep the car cool, and still be legal. Plus with having a black car, i think it tricks the eye into thinking the tints are slightly darker than they are. Not worth the hassle in my opinion for illegal tints, but thats just my opinion. BUT. The real dark tints do look real nice on mustangs. I just don't want officer Rain-on-my-parade to harass me over something like that lol

·
Registered
370 Posts
5% all around.... If you can't see and you wanna be sure where you are backing up just roll the window down ..
+1
I also have 5% all the way around and have never gotten in trouble for it. The best part is you can stand at my window on a sunny day and just barely see me or not see me at all. Also at night, unless you have a flashlight through my windshield you can't see inside my car at all.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Yeah i had to do that with my truck a lot and it was annoying. But it did loom good lol
Lol yeah haha I love it! I like how if some creeper is trying to stare at me he can't! Or all of these idiots can't see how ridiculous I'm acting when they are pissing me off :D That's what I would like to hide .. Oh and the dead body in the back seat :D

·
Registered
421 Posts
Legal limit of 35%. Enough to look nice, keep the car cool, and still be legal. Plus with having a black car, i think it tricks the eye into thinking the tints are slightly darker than they are. Not worth the hassle in my opinion for illegal tints, but thats just my opinion. BUT. The real dark tints do look real nice on mustangs. I just don't want officer Rain-on-my-parade to harass me over something like that lol
That depends on what state hes from you can have it dark here in Kentucky.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
MS legal is actually 32%.

Just remember they have to check tint every year for the inspection sticker.

$150 for no inspection sticker
$100-500 for tint too dark

If that is worth it to you go for it. I've been pulled over just for tint by mhp...they get bored.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,208 Posts
My Mach 1 already had tint when I bought it. Is there a way to determine the %? I know mine is darker than what is allowed, but I haven't had problems yet - knock wood. :)

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
My Mach 1 already had tint when I bought it. Is there a way to determine the %? I know mine is darker than what is allowed, but I haven't had problems yet - knock wood. :)
The LEO have meters. An old school trick is to hold you license up to it and if you can read it your around 35%, I'm sure any tint shop I break out the meter for you :good:
You look to be 20% or less lmao

1 - 20 of 59 Posts