Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2011 Kona Blue GT Brembo that I'm adding side window louvers too.

I bought a new OEM RH Kona Blue rear window louver on EBay from fdaccdepot. However, I can't seem to find a OEM LH Kona Blue louver. Any help any finding the LH would be greatly appreciated. On the other hand should I buy the primed LH and just paint it myself?

Anybody else in this situation?

Thoughts?

David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
dagerlach said:
I have a 2011 Kona Blue GT Brembo that I'm adding side window louvers too.

I bought a new OEM RH Kona Blue rear window louver on EBay from fdaccdepot. However, I can't seem to find a OEM LH Kona Blue louver. Any help any finding the LH would be greatly appreciated. On the other hand should I buy the primed LH and just paint it myself?

Anybody else in this situation?

Thoughts?

David
I ordered mine from some guy on ebay that sells them oem half price, my car is black, i painted them, just havent had any time to put them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks OzzyLiriano. The best price I can find right now is a primed louver at $86.63. I purchase the RH painted louver for only $26.00 including shipping.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
Yeah i got both louvers for 30, plus 20 for half a pint of paint so i can paint the side scoops which i got for 90, just need a light sand to take off the paint.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

dagerlach said:
Thanks OzzyLiriano. The best price I can find right now is a primed louver at $86.63. I purchase the RH painted louver for only $26.00 including shipping.
They have them on ebay for 30 oem, just look good i just saw them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OzzyLiriano, I found a pair for $57, but they aren't OEM Ford louvers. If you found OEM can you send me the link on Ebay?

Thanks,

David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,238 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's the company I bought the original RH louver from. Unfortunately, he doesn't carry the left. I guess FORD bought to many RH Kona blue louvers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I broke down and bought a LH primed louver. So, now I need to paint the louver. Any recommendations? Who should I buy the paint from. Kona Blue and clear coat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
dagerlach said:
Well, I broke down and bought a LH primed louver. So, now I need to paint the louver. Any recommendations? Who should I buy the paint from. Kona Blue and clear coat.
Take it to the paint shop lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Think I'm gonn paint it myself. Wish me luck. I haven't fingered painted in years :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I finally got around to taking my LH louver to my local paint shop. Should have it done in a day for $50 they claim.

Something the shop told me that I did not know....The said that L6 Kona Blue has different color shades. They wanted my VIN number to get it perfect. Anybody ever here this? Maybe different paint vendors?

David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got my painted louver this week. Compared the color to the other and.... Well, there is a difference between the Ford OEM L6 Kona Blue and the paint shops L6 Kona Blue based on my VIN. I haven't decided which one matches better :) But they both are different. The paint shops blue seem darker. I'm sure I'm the only one who will notice.

I think the bottom line to this experience is to buy a set a primed parts and have them painted to your satisfaction if you're a perfectionist.

On a side note, while I didn't think the side windows gave me any additional visibility, I actually found myself realizing today that I used that little view through the side window as I was backing out of a parking spot.

David
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top