Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've recently got led bulbs to replace the stock bulbs. The first time I got them from eBay put them in and a week later my left one went out.. I took them out and both bulbs look alittle toasted.. The second time i got them from a performance store that sells led bulbs nearby.. And I put the new ones in again and the left one is still not working.. Luckily I had the stock ones still and tried to see of they work and they both did.. What can my problem be for my left side bulbs not working?

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
I have the same problem! My left one does not work either! I just orders a couple new ones so we will see if they work

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
You must have been using those SMD LED's? They are the ones with the little illuminating squares. They are real sensitive to irregular current when they have cheap resistors. eBay is hit or miss with these types of products. I use them in every socket I could stick them in. Being their about a buck a set, I order about 20 or so and swap em out as they toast out. But I've recently got a good batch and have been running these for a few months with no problems.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
primer2tone said:
You must have been using those SMD LED's? They are the ones with the little illuminating squares. They are real sensitive to irregular current when they have cheap resistors. eBay is hit or miss with these types of products. I use them in every socket I could stick them in. Being their about a buck a set, I order about 20 or so and swap em out as they toast out. But I've recently got a good batch and have been running these for a few months with no problems.
Haha yeah they're the ones with the little square LEDs.. Should I just return it and hope to get one that works.. Or how can i fix it?.. Or do I need to buy something for them to work

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Well, part of the problem is the weak resistors that are built into the light itself and another problem is the contact wire of the bulb on the same side as the resistor is a lot smaller and tends to heat up with the constant flow of current. There's not really a cost effective remedy to solve your problem. You're just going to have to keep trying different ones until you get lucky. Lol

Here's a link to the last set I bought. These may have more SMD's then the set you bought but that might help reduce the chance of failure. These are also a little more expensive.

image-2805801447.jpg http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=370599214803&globalID=EBAY-US

image-1493731918.jpg These are a little cheaper but that's because they'll ship out of China and it'll take about a month to get here.http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=180879922125&globalID=EBAY-US

1 - 5 of 5 Posts