Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Yall!

Need a cheaper mono amp....found this to be the most reputable company making a mono. I don't like Jensen's or Profile's. RF makes one but it is still $220

Lightning Audio Bolt B2.250.1

Will be powering a single RF Punch Power 10" DVC.

Let me know!
Ted

P.S. DOM, beyond popular belief you CAN fit tweeters in stock Mach 460 pods! :good:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that there is better stuff out there but I just figured that since Lightning Audio is made by Rockford, they would be ok.

Ted

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Funky4.6VERT said:
I know that there is better stuff out there but I just figured that since Lightning Audio is made by Rockford, they would be ok.

Ted
Do it right or dont do it at all is my motto

I wont recommend Lightning Audio because its a low quality amp. But if you are looking for something cheap then go for it I guess.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe both of you...and i have seen the new rockford stuff and there is alot better out there now. I bought my punch power when they were some of the best, though. can anyone think of a good power mono amp or 2 channel- prefer to run mono @2ohm...for around $250 or less? Please let me know. would prefer new.... i have gotten burned in the past on used sh*t.

Thanks,
Ted

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Funky4.6VERT said:
I believe both of you...and i have seen the new rockford stuff and there is alot better out there now. I bought my punch power when they were some of the best, though. can anyone think of a good power mono amp or 2 channel- prefer to run mono @2ohm...for around $250 or less? Please let me know. would prefer new.... i have gotten burned in the past on used sh*t.

Thanks,
Ted
I take it your sub is 4ohm dvc?

how does 300x1rms at 4-ohms sound? To much?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hell No! thats not too much! I didn't want to get overboard, just fantastic SQ I am after. I am done with my SPL days! 300x1 sounds just fine, i just want to be able to hook up both coils, hence my 2ohm guesstimate. what kind of amp are ya talkin bout?

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Funky4.6VERT said:
Hell No! thats not too much! I didn't want to get overboard, just fantastic SQ I am after. I am done with my SPL days! 300x1 sounds just fine, i just want to be able to hook up both coils, hence my 2ohm guesstimate. what kind of amp are ya talkin bout?
This one :cool:

I also have a Directed 1100D for sell I will let go for 300 dollars plus shipping.

I want 100 dollars plus shipping for my planet audio. Works perfectly fine. Planet Audio is great quality. I had originally planned to do a nice system but want to do my engine first.

So I bought a 1100D and took the planet out. Well Now I want to sell both.

The directed does 425x1rms at 4 ohms

the planet 300x1rms at 4ohms

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let me do some research on them an I will let you know!

Thanks
Ted

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Funky4.6VERT said:
Let me do some research on them an I will let you know!

Thanks
Ted
Will do just let me know.

If you dont like buying used stuff I can understand. Do you know how much rms power your sub is rated at? I can get you a couple of new amps picked out for you to choose from if you decide to buy new

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brent,

I trust you and hope you wouldn't screw over a fellow stanger! I am 100% positive it is a fine amp...If you could throw out a few suggestions on new ones I would appreciate it. I am almost done at work so I won't be able to post til tomorrow, but whenever you get around to some suggestions, i'm open to em!

Thanks,
Ted

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also, it might sound goofy, but i bought it awhile ago, brand new from crutchfield, been hooked up once. I know that these can handle aot of power but the exact specs i just can't remember. Fosgate used to have an archive on their site but it is gone now. I would have to guess taht it is probably around the same power as their current punch stage 3 unless someone knows differently.

Punch Stage 3

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
you could do either the directed or planet. 25 extra rms inst going to hurt anything.

But I will get you some amps to choose from by tomorrow

·
Banned
321 Posts
If you want to go cheap... Power Acoustik isnt too bad for the price... My buddy has 2 Sapphire amps, and has been running them for awhile now, with no probs. I know other people that have used their amps, and are happy with them...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What does everyone think of the rockford fosgate P300.1 I can get one from sounddomain.com for $190 brand new w/ free shipping. It seems like a good amp that would be not to big dimension wise(room matters in a vert) and just the right amount of power. I am still thinking of brents amps though. I am very impressed with the specs and reviews of the Directed1100D, if anything it may be too powerful!(if there is such a thing) Brent, let me know what you have found, if anything, and also what the absolute bottom on the directed is. i know what you shot me was a great price however its used(not a big deal...but all things must be considered). You can PM me if you like or just post here. I should be on most of the night here.

Thanks, Ted

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
I just spent 10 min writing a response only to close the damn window by accident :lol:

So you will get the revised version

That amp is decent. Ton better than Lightning Audio

You will like how it sounds.

Mainly its up to you whether you want to push it all the way or just get something on it that will push it decently.

300 dollars or 190 is basically the question.

Is the 125x1rms extra worth it to you?

I really dont want to go lower on the price because I love the amp and hate to see it go and am basically getting what I paid back out of it.

Just comes down to what you want

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Brent,
I think it is between the Fosgate:New and the Directed:used

I have not had the best of luck with amps in the past, however they were not the best...a Jensen and a sony. had problems with both. if I have problems with the DEI i am on my own...if i have problems with the fosgate:warranty. I like you amp. I would appreciate alot of pics of it front sides, closeups, condition, how you got it, where you got, etc.
Thanks
Ted

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Funky4.6VERT said:
Brent,
I think it is between the Fosgate:New and the Directed:used

I have not had the best of luck with amps in the past, however they were not the best...a Jensen and a sony. had problems with both. if I have problems with the DEI i am on my own...if i have problems with the fosgate:warranty. I like you amp. I would appreciate alot of pics of it front sides, closeups, condition, how you got it, where you got, etc.
Thanks
Ted
Sure I will get some pics in a sec

1 - 20 of 23 Posts